Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

240 volt socket connection

B

BrendanJ

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I have a query regarding 240volt connection
I have bought a small caravan microwave and all seems to work well through the kitchen socket.
However the position is rather inconvenient for positioning the microwave when in use, either on top of fridge or side table
I have an idea to set up the microwave for it’s occasional and obviously short use in the rear of the van, either facing outwards or even facing inwards which I would be happy to reach over the rear seat to use.
Is it possible. / easy to set up a 240 volt connection in the rear of the van ? Rather than trailing leads through the cabin to the kitchen socket
Given the myriad of possible uses of 240 volt from the rear I am surprised there isn’t a socket already

Just get yourself a three pin plug with a UK pin outlet build in , attach it to your hook-up cable , once plugged in (the only way you could use your mircrowave is on 220v) just put a short lead in the rear of the Cali.

If handy : connect a short lead /second UK plug tapping behind the 220v connection to the rear.

Or leave the micro at home (imo best solution ;))

I have a query regarding 240volt connection
I have bought a small caravan microwave and all seems to work well through the kitchen socket.
However the position is rather inconvenient for positioning the microwave when in use, either on top of fridge or side table
I have an idea to set up the microwave for it’s occasional and obviously short use in the rear of the van, either facing outwards or even facing inwards which I would be happy to reach over the rear seat to use.
Is it possible. / easy to set up a 240 volt connection in the rear of the van ? Rather than trailing leads through the cabin to the kitchen socket
Given the myriad of possible uses of 240 volt from the rear I am surprised there isn’t a socket already
Certainly possible. I could be wired into the RCD switch in the rear. Would probably invalidate your warranty regarding the 240 v mains circuit.
Personally I would make up a 13 amp extension lead using a black, rubberised/soft 13 amp cable from the kitchen socket down to the floor and around the base of the kitchen/wardrobe to the rear. Cut to length and fit a suitable socket on the end. There are self adhesive cable clips.
Using same idea the cable could be run into the kitchen unit near the kitchen socket and then fed through the back of the units to the boot.

Just tryed looking for an example of the plug i'm referring to , seems i can't find it with a UK (3) pin outlet , only a 2pin euro outlet.(which i have)
Mayby they don't exist ?
IMG_1615.PNG

A conversion company installed the 240v hookup in our Beach. We asked them to fit additional socket in the boot (see photo) as handy for our fridge. Fuse box is in the Jack compartment.

07DBDDE7-3457-499F-88A8-02F5AF8D198B.jpeg

Back