Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

240v socket no longer working

A

ahjury

VIP Member
Hi. I've used the 240v socket a number of times with a kettle but then it just stopped working. The power into the van is fine as is the kettle. Guessing its a fuse somewhere ?

Hi. I've used the 240v socket a number of times with a kettle but then it just stopped working. The power into the van is fine as is the kettle. Guessing its a fuse somewhere ?

Fuses for under seat courtesy of @Loz

eee0c61aedae69eb551370a7d548fbf3.jpg

Mike

What model do you have?
How do you know the power to the van is good?
do the leisure batteries charge?

there is no fuse between the RCD and the 13A socket so it might be a loose connection where the wires connect to the back of the RCD, this has been reported before.

Thanks Loz. It is a Beach. I did plug the socket into another outlet and still didn't work. checked the kettle when home and that seemed fine.

Thanks Loz. It is a Beach. I did plug the socket into another outlet and still didn't work. checked the kettle when home and that seemed fine.
Have you checked the RCD circuit breaker has not been tripped?
Do you know where it is located on the Beach?

as said check the RCD. pull off the cover where the jack is. then get your arm in and up. it's hidden away up there. check your power cable is ok. try another one ? but i suspect the RCD

Back