Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

3 seater bench rear 12v socket in boot

S

syrup1971

VIP Member
Anyone else find the multiflex board is in the way of the 12volt socket in the boot.

Anyone found a solution?

Chris

syrup1971 said:
Anyone else find the multiflex board is in the way of the 12volt socket in the boot.

Anyone found a solution?

Chris

Chris in what way?

Board1.jpg

This is mine - had to move the coolbox about but fine in the end.

James

Thanks James.

The problem occurs when the flex board is in the rear most position.

The socket is obscured

7598491298_5b0825f81c.jpg

Can't fit cable in ...
7598495716_466bc201c3.jpg

But ok, if moved 1" forward

7598500578_57cd5cf30d.jpg

Seems like a design flaw to me.

syrup1971 said:
Thanks James.

The problem occurs when the flex board is in the rear most position.

The socket is obscured

7598491298_5b0825f81c.jpg

Can't fit cable in ...
7598495716_466bc201c3.jpg

But ok, if moved 1" forward

7598500578_57cd5cf30d.jpg

Seems like a design flaw to me.

Chris

I would agree - at a guess I would suggest that in the two seater Beach and Full Cali this is less need to move the board about.

Perhaps when VW came to make the three seater and installed a board that folded and moved they did not move the 12v and expected people to use the board pretty much in one position. Which, as you say is a bit of a design flaw.

Not sure how you would get round that

The only thing I could suggest, and this is not much of a solution - but you could get a 12v extension cable and run it from under the rear seat (using the 12v on the side of the seat). Not great I know, but can't think of another way. You could power anything in the boot area and still move the board about.

James

I am thinking of if there is a very low profile 12v plug available, you could make a short 12v extension cord.

syrup1971 said:
I am thinking of if there is a very low profile 12v plug available, you could make a short 12v extension cord.

I am having a look Chris but I really can't see anything.

Will keep looking

James

Hi James,

I have noticed on your picture that you have the VW coolbox in the boot under the multiflex board. I have a 2 seater option but my coolbox does not fit under. Have you modified the flex board in any way?

James

jamesdriver565 said:
Hi James,

I have noticed on your picture that you have the VW coolbox in the boot under the multiflex board. I have a 2 seater option but my coolbox does not fit under. Have you modified the flex board in any way?

James

Hi James

It's a different board in the three seater - it's designed to adjust to so you can push the back seat back and put in two extra seats - or make what's called the long bed with the extra seats.

I think your rear seat is much more of a bed - it looks the same as the full Cali - so I presume your board probably sits lower.

Welcome to the forum and Beach Section - if you've introduced yourself and I haven't said hello, apologies.

:)

I thought the full Cali multi board had two height settings but I could be wrong!

syrup1971 said:
I thought the full Cali multi board had two height settings but I could be wrong!

I don't know exactly what the board in the two seater does - I know it doesn't adjust in the same way as the three seater board but it may adjust for height

James

Hi

I have found this.

http://www.windingroads.co.uk/shop/sect ... ccessories

I'm not sure it will help as it doesn't give any dimensions, but it may be worth a try.

Is anyone able to give me dimensions of the three seater multiflexboard. I want to make one with a few modifications and it seems a waste to buy such an expensive one from VW then mod it.

Andrew

Back