Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Multiflex help

P

Pombear4

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
We have a T6 beach with 3 seat bench. We cannot get the Multiflex to go right to the back of the boot. There is always a 4inch gap between the Multiflex and tailgate when it’s closed. We’ve slid it back as far as it will go. Anyone had this problem and solved it? Are there stops inside the rails we need to move?
Many thanks

We have a T6 beach with 3 seat bench. We cannot get the Multiflex to go right to the back of the boot. There is always a 4inch gap between the Multiflex and tailgate when it’s closed. We’ve slid it back as far as it will go. Anyone had this problem and solved it? Are there stops inside the rails we need to move?
Many thanks
The baserails of the multiflex cover the hinged restraining rings, is yours as far back as that?

The baserails of the multiflex cover the hinged restraining rings, is yours as far back as that?
No it refuses the go that far back! There are about 3 inches of the sliding rail still

No it refuses the go that far back! There are about 3 inches of the sliding rail still
Oh strange, have you checked in anything has fallen into the rail?

Oh strange, have you checked in anything has fallen into the rail?
Not had a proper look as both sides are the same so assumed must be something stopping it.
Will have a rummage in them tomorrow and see if anything obvious. Thanks for help

It seems odd that it affects both sides.

Have you tried removing the MF and replacing it nearer the rear?

It is not something daft like being the wrong way round?

Or is it correct and the four inch gap is the gap for the chair bag in the closed tailgate?

It seems odd that it affects both sides.

Have you tried removing the MF and replacing it nearer the rear?

It is not something daft like being the wrong way round?

Or is it correct and the four inch gap is the gap for the chair bag in the closed tailgate?
Except the comment was there was still a 4inch gap when the tail gate is closed…

Except the comment was there was still a 4inch gap when the tail gate is closed…

I know. I was just trying to cover all possibilities.

Whatever the problem, here’s a photo of our Beach with the multiflex in the rearmost position.

03123ba74548982aa82b287cbfa23170.jpg

thanks for the replies, there is definitely an issue. There seems to be a metal bar inside the rails which is preventing it going back further. Not sure how to remove or change position of this bar. It’s not like the other ones I have seen posted on here which you put a screw driver in. I fear it may involve dismantling the sliding rail (if that’s even possible!)

thanks for the replies, there is definitely an issue. There seems to be a metal bar inside the rails which is preventing it going back further. Not sure how to remove or change position of this bar. It’s not like the other ones I have seen posted on here which you put a screw driver in. I fear it may involve dismantling the sliding rail (if that’s even possible!)

There is a fixed metal bar across the end of the rails, but that should be right at the end. If you look at Amarillo's picture the fixing for the multiplex is halfway between the uprights so a long way from the end of the rails.
Could we have a picture of yours?

Problem solved!!! Thanks to another post on this forum I found a video of how to move the Multiflex and we have been doing it wrong! Poor dealer handover as we were never shown how to move it so we haven’t been twisting so the bits pop up to then slide it!

If instead of trying to slide the board back could you lift it ( mainly the fixing T screw ) and reposition on the other side of the obstruction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back