Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

30 minutes to boil a kettle??????

K

Krispy

Just wondering if I've got a problem with our gas burners. Both the valves are fully open, new bottle, and yet it takes 15 to 30 minutes to boil a kettle. The gas comes out so slowly that it doesn't make any sound.

Is this normal?

Thanks!

That does not sound right, our wacky practical kettle takes around 8 mins for enough water to make two cups of tea.

How much water are you trying to boil, the other day we boiled a full kettle rather than the normal 1/2 a kettle and we did note it took noticably longer to boil.

Have you checked how much gas is left in the cylinder, it may be low pressure.

To be honest, 10 minutes plus for a relatively small kettle... More (much more) if it's windy and you have the door/window/tailgate open.

Also depends upon the kettle... large flat base much more effective than narrow one which loses heat around the edge. (This is where the folding kettle suffers a little... although love them for the compact storage)

The stove is not the best in the world... but it's a neat package.

The original stove in our '72 Westy Bay boils it at least twice as quick. Our small cartridge stoves used for cooking outside are still significantly quicker.

Rgds
Mark

Are you sure both valves are fully open??
It does sound like not enough gas is getting through. Could it be a faulty regulator?
Perhaps check that the pipe isn't kinked down the side of the gas cylinder.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Check out the size and color of the flame without the pot on it , if its flickering or don't have a nice blue color it's not ok.
The more water you want to boil the longer it takes...
How cold the water is you start with can also a influence....
I try to fil the kettle in the evening so it is a bit up temp and ready to boil in the morning and i think it has a few degrees profit than the temp of water in the freshtank.
Is the installation checked and approved (see the sticker)?

Back