Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gas flow is reduced

mikebravo

mikebravo

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I noticed reduced gas flow on the jobs and the gas was intermittently cutting out so I recently changed to a new gas bottle. But this hasn’t helped. I can get both hobs lit but the flames are so small you couldn’t boil a kettle. Any ideas what could be causing this? Is it a pressure issue?

If I need to get the system inspected, what kind of business does this?

Thanks

I noticed reduced gas flow on the jobs and the gas was intermittently cutting out so I recently changed to a new gas bottle. But this hasn’t helped. I can get both hobs lit but the flames are so small you couldn’t boil a kettle. Any ideas what could be causing this? Is it a pressure issue?

If I need to get the system inspected, what kind of business does this?

Thanks
Most likely the regulator is failing. They don't last forever. I would suggest replacing it, and the gas hose if it's not been replaced in the last 5 years. Simple DIY if you can change a plug.
Regulator and hose can be bought from Forum Shop.
If you want someone to do the work, get the parts and look for a Motorhome/Caravan dealer/service company. VW will be next to useless.

Most likely the regulator is failing. They don't last forever. I would suggest replacing it, and the gas hose if it's not been replaced in the last 5 years. Simple DIY if you can change a plug.
Regulator and hose can be bought from Forum Shop.
If you want someone to do the work, get the parts and look for a Motorhome/Caravan dealer/service company. VW will be next to useless.

Thanks! I’ve ordered the parts.

Got the new parts. Could someone just verify that this is the correct assembly? Gok instructions are not clear.

1. Small rubber seal should be placed between valve and regulator as shown?

2. Olive nut goes into nut as shown?

Thanks

85457c7036e4d61653a1aac6f8060c8f.jpg

5b15a4b14eb27eec45ff89c19b9ece2d.jpg

Back