Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

4 or 5 seats

P

Pollychops

VIP Member
We have just received our V5 doc and our pre registered SE is classed as a 5 seater. We only have 4? Although we have the third running track to take the extra seat. Now the question is, as it was pre registered by the dealer as a 5 seater have they ordered it from the factory with the fifth seat, registered it then taken it out or ordered it with 4 then registered as a 5. Although we don't need the extra seat there could be a problem if we decide to sell and being registered as. 5 with only 4 seats. Any views on this would help. Could we track the manufacture of the van back to the factory to see if it did come with the extra seat? Apart from this, this is the best purchase we have ever made.

If it has the extra rail, then it definitely came with the extra seat from the factory. I would just give the dealer a call.

Our Cali SE is a 4 seat 2 rails version but is registered as having 5 seats.

I assumed that was the standard DVLA registration for these vehicles.

Alan

Ours too has 3 rails and is registered as a 5 seater.
I mentioned the 3 rails to the dealer on collection and he said they all come like that now?
(no 5th seat ordered).

Thanks fopr the replies, I will contact the dealer to see what they say, looks like this is how they come out of the factory probable to give you the chance to increase the seating capacity.

We got our Cali in December (ordered Oct). Didn't order 5th seat but it came with 3 rails. I believe they are all fitted with 3 rails now.

Contacted the dealer and he confirmed VW register as a 5 seater, comes with third rail as standard and if a seat is required then we have to order one. Seems logical we suppose.

My Beach is registered as a 7 seater despite being the version with the 2 seater bench and thus only having a total of 4 seats. I think VW register them as the maximum that the vehicle can take which for the Beach variant would be 7:
2 front
3 seater bench
2 additional if gone for the 3 seater bench.

Wonder if insurance would be any different if I got it changed to 4 or 5. Logic being that there would be less passengers who could claim in the event of an accident.

Back