Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

V5

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Just noticed my V5 states the number of seats as 5, when actually it’s 4.
Anybody else had this?

Yep, mines the same. Apparently it's because five seats can be fitted. Nuts I know!

Ah I see, thanks.
Except that I can’t because I didn’t spec the 3rd rail. I guess that’s academic.

Ah I see, thanks.
Except that I can’t because I didn’t spec the 3rd rail. I guess that’s academic.
It’s a No Cost option to change it if you wish.

Hi WG, no I already have my van :)
But if you do wish to change the V5c you just make the change on the document and return it to DVLA who issue a new one at no cost.
I wasn’t referring to fitting the 3rd rail.

Is there a benefit to make that change (to the V5c)?

But if you do wish to change the V5c you just make the change on the document and return it to DVLA who issue a new one at no cost.
I wasn’t referring to fitting the 3rd rail.
Oh I see, thanks WG.

is your 199 4motion ? as at least in germany 4motion can't have the fifth seat...

is your 199 4motion ? as at least in germany 4motion can't have the fifth seat...
No not 4 Motion. Mine drives beautifully but I do wonder whether I should have gone for it - muddy fields, winter roads, etc.

In the picky world of insurance, DVLA etc one might well consider getting the V5 right. However, as yours says 5 seats that does not keen you actually must have 5 seats. What this means is you must not have more than 5 seats, or carry more than 5 persons. So if you are only carrying 4 I assume you are ok. After all there are many vehicles where one can find removable seats which one removes to carry a large load, or whatever. If it was the other way round then I can see potential issues, such as having 5 seats when the V5 says you have 4.

Back