Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

4 Races in 4 Weekends........

BerndRos

BerndRos

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
About to embark on my first real trip since coming back from my 15 month 22 country trip in 11/12......

Going through tunnel on 15/8.....a couple of days at Spa in the build up to the Grand Prix but will will miss it as down to the Mosel region for WRC Germany then up to Nurburgring for the WEC then over the Alps to Monza for the Grand Prix...then an idle down to Rimini for the MotoGP at Misano. Then an idle through favourite places and down to Portugal where I will leave the van for the winter at VRSA.....looking forward to living like a 1960s bum all over again.......

Have a great trip keep us posted :thumb

You could take in the Aragon Moto GP at Motorland as well Bernd. Great track, campsites crap though and a long walk to the track. If we go again we'll stay on a local site and drive to the track.

Pushing off in the morning for this trip...Devon to the Tunnel first and due to go through early evening. Anyone here got any experience lately of it and and 'delay' situation ?

Thanks

Pushing off in the morning for this trip...Devon to the Tunnel first and due to go through early evening. Anyone here got any experience lately of it and and 'delay' situation ?

Thanks
Sounds like a fantastic trip I'm well jel!
We're heading over to Europe early September and have decided to give the tunnel a miss this year what with all the aggro going on. Ferry is more expensive but feels like the better option at the moment

Sent from my Galaxy S6

At the Tunnel now and no hold ups....usually sleep in the car park at 'shopping Europe' just over the other side but not tonight due to the migrants...too close for comfort. Will go to the 'aire' along the coast at GraveLines...

Bloody Fishermen going to their boats kept me awake from the early hours.....

Diesel in Belgium 1.06e works out at 76pence a litre.

A meandering drive taking in the old Nivelles Circuit which is now an industrial estate then also to Waterloo.

Then to Spa and parked up to sleep on the road next to the Spa Francorchamps Hotel...GP next weekend but I will be at WRC Germany...

Dreary and Drizzle...the norm for Spa...

What a day...over 600 miles today from Dusseldorf to Arese near to the newly opened Alfa Romeo Museum which I will see in the morning..then onto Monza 20 miles away for the GP. On the campsite next to the track there.

See my thread re oil consumption...but apart from that the 600 mile drive today across Germany..Switzerland and here to Arese shows what a superb vehicle we all have. As I am being a bit carefull engine wise I found out something new today...how nice it is to go at 100kph and arrive when you do.......

The two German races out of the way...Ogier won in the Mosel Vineyards and Porsche 1/2 at the Nurburgring last weekend. Now for Monza and then to Misano for MotoGP...after Rossi win last weekend at Silverstone the stage is set for a great race on his home soil....

What a day...over 600 miles today from Dusseldorf to Arese near to the newly opened Alfa Romeo Museum which I will see in the morning..then onto Monza 20 miles away for the GP. On the campsite next to the track there.

See my thread re oil consumption...but apart from that the 600 mile drive today across Germany..Switzerland and here to Arese shows what a superb vehicle we all have. As I am being a bit carefull engine wise I found out something new today...how nice it is to go at 100kph and arrive when you do.......

The two German races out of the way...Ogier won in the Mosel Vineyards and Porsche 1/2 at the Nurburgring last weekend. Now for Monza and then to Misano for MotoGP...after Rossi win last weekend at Silverstone the stage is set for a great race on his home soil....

Only if it rains :)

If it doesn't :D

Nice trip Bernd. Will you be at Motorland, might see you there.

Nope will not be at Motor land in late September as I need to be down in Portugal by the Friday after the Misano race. About 1800 miles from Misano to there.

Alfa Romeo Museum at Arese was good and well worth the visit. Now at a very music noisy Monza campsite by the first chicane. Cali will not be started until next Monday morn when I will wind my way down the Roman road to Misano for MotoGP.

If anyone heads down that way I recommend a night at Camping International at Modena...it's surrounded by a motorway interchange and an experience not to be missed. Eat at the 'Tourismo' lorry drivers eatery...an enjoyable experience.

Hamilton Domination at Monza.

After three race meetings and the wild noise of the camp sites...have moved to a supermarket car park a couple of hundred yards from the track in order to get some sleep. Will go down the SS9 tomorrow to Misano and more sleepless nights as it will be manic with Rossi leading the championship.

Great weekend at Misano...Yamaha mucked up their race due to really bad pit stop decisions.

Left Misano this morning and ended up many hours later at Menton France Municipal Camp as no logical place to park wild in town as so very busy. Lovely drive up the SS9 to Forli and then over the passes to Florence on the SS67 and then down to Pisa. Gave up on local none toll roads shortly after and took the Autostrada for the last 175 miles to Menton at a cost of 32 euro. Some of these European roads are awe inspiring as to how they were actually built and at what cost....need to cross France and get into inland Spain by tomorrow night..away from the risky coastal areas.....

Good news for the Brits though
My daughter was talking to Bradley Smith last night in the hospitality, said he had a grin from ear to ear.
Shes also on the way to Barcelona to work. Look out for a black Abarth 500 going like the clappers.
Im looking forward to seeing the next round at Motorland

I have been to Misano several times before..this year the Rossi factor was well in play...not a spare bit of grass to stand on ......

That's my 3 races over and now the long drive to Portugal....