Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

5 more sleeps..and a strange question

W

willdabeest

VIP Member
Greetings all

I'm taking delivery of a new California SE 180 DSG, Olympian Blue, next week with various bells and whistles, I'm excited about it to the point of boring my 7-year-old son to tears, and based many purchasing decisions on information I read on this excellent forum.
I've been asked a strange question by a friend, which I suspect may be connected to it being my birthday next week too - what are the dimensions of the Cali's windscreen? I think someone is planning to buy a hilarious (!?) accessory for it.
I couldn't find this in the specs on the website, so if anyone knows the answer, please holler.
I'll file a full report next week when the van arrives.

WDB

Size from side to side approx 168cm size from roof to bonnet 95cm
Hope this helps

Brilliant, thanks Calikev. I'm really hoping it's not a windscreen sticker with my name on

I don't know about the whole windscreen but the make-up mirror in the middle between the two sun visors is roughly 280mm * 80mm :oops:

Hope you are enjoying your Cali. We live in Southfields with Zebedee Zebra the Cali which we bought in October. If it is sunny we often go on a Saturday to the Windmill car park on Wimbledon Common where we pop the roof and cook lunch or I cook the lunch and my daughter climbs trees etc. We finally managed a proper night away last week. All our other overnighters since October have involved winds in excess of 80mph !!! (In Gloucestershire and Devon.)

Zebedee :p :p

Hi Zebedee, nice to hear from you. We are loving the van so far, furthest we've managed to get in it yet is Richmond Park for a couple of Saturday afternoons - sounds similar to your days, we pop the roof and have lunch while our boy plays outside, rides bike etc.
Still finding our way around all the bells and whistles in the van and have yet to spend a night in it. I do find that every time we use it we learn a bit more or discover something unexpected.
Perhaps we'll see you on the Common one day - I have a mental image of a black and white zebra-striped Cali but I suspect Zebedee's not really like that, right? what colour?
And how did you fare in those winds - did you feel windproof in the van?

WDB