Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

6.1 new ratchet bed board

Is there enough flexibility in the S2S mattress to raise the ratcheting lounge function, so you can sit up in bed to drink my coffee not that I’m a lazy person...
Yes

Sorry to be dim. Is this in the new Coast .... awaiting mine?

Is this part of the “ downstairsbed “ Are there photos?

If it is a beach, ( your profile says coast) you don't get it, you get the multiplex board.

In the ocean its simple to use its just a strap you can pull that lifts the boot end of the bed extension up, there's about 20 different stops between horizontal and vertical to allow you to sit up in bed. Also useful for lifting it when loading the boot.
Ah yes, you’re right. Will need to check my profile and update it. Don’t know why it’ll say coast. Thanks for the clarification, very useful

Sorry to be dim. Is this in the new Coast .... awaiting mine?

Is this part of the “ downstairsbed “ Are there photos?
Yes the downstairs bed with the reclining ‘Lounge feature’
if in honest I’m still not sure the inflatable mattress will work well and not. Slide around too much

Yes the downstairs bed with the reclining ‘Lounge feature’
if in honest I’m still not sure the inflatable mattress will work well and not. Slide around too much
The S2S self inflating has a non sliding flock outer lining. It’s great at regulating body temperature. IMO it’s a really good investment.
Read the reviews about it and for sure make your own mind up. They sell out fast, so be ready for when stock arrives. :)

We are having a bad time with the tiltable rear board. It doesn’t fit properly, not fit for purpose on a brand new coast, vw may have to replace the entire kitchen as the left rear pin underside is not long enough for the bracket to fit on. God knows how this passed the quality inspection. We are waiting for VW technical uk to come back with a solution we are past the 45 day reject vehicle stage.

We are having a bad time with the tiltable rear board. It doesn’t fit properly, not fit for purpose on a brand new coast, vw may have to replace the entire kitchen as the left rear pin underside is not long enough for the bracket to fit on. God knows how this passed the quality inspection. We are waiting for VW technical uk to come back with a solution we are past the 45 day reject vehicle stage.
Oh my days. That on top of the water ingress too. Not the way you should be enjoying the new van at all. Do you have any pictures of the issue that you could share? Maybe someone on here might be able add some value?

The bit that sticks out looks just like ours, just need to be careful lining it up when putting the board backing or it can slip past it like yours has. Looking at the gap at the rear between the black metal frame & your cupboard it looks like you may have to push the frame towards the cupboard a bit as you lower it onto the peg.

Reactions: Ria
Is worth a try, would like to think VW Breeze tried that but then again...
Oh I am sure you must be in good hands at Breeze. They have a great reputation right?

Update. VW are replacing the entire kitchen to rectify this...
@Ria - I'm having similar problems to what you described - now have lots of scatches and bumps (on the plastic, flooring, and speaker & me) from the shelf slipping and falling as I try to fit it (it wasn't in place when I collected the van at the start of Feb).
Wondering what exactly happened when they took your van away to replace the kitchen?

I‘m also having problems. I realised the spring closest to the wardrobe had sheared and without the spring the mechanism is completely unstable when you raise and lower the bed and comes out of the tracks. It’s a pig to get back in as it’s so heavy. I’ve bought a temporary replacement spring off of eBay. It’s put me off using the lounge feature

Back