Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

6.1 ocean Flooring option

J

Jandy61

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Hello
I have read the posts about the wood effect flooring and really like the pictures iv seen of it.
Our van has recently been ordered and we are in that ‘jumping around’ phase of have we ticked all the right boxes, We were still at the Coast vs full fat 4 motion until last week , we went full fat 4mo, but everytime I see the flooring ..keep thinking, nice..
We are going to get a dog in a year or so and wondering if it would make the van more practical, it’s another expensive option, but we have a very long wait to save up a bit more.

Hello
I have read the posts about the wood effect flooring and really like the pictures iv seen of it.
Our van has recently been ordered and we are in that ‘jumping around’ phase of have we ticked all the right boxes, We were still at the Coast vs full fat 4 motion until last week , we went full fat 4mo, but everytime I see the flooring ..keep thinking, nice..
We are going to get a dog in a year or so and wondering if it would make the van more practical, it’s another expensive option, but we have a very long wait to save up a bit more.
Got the ‘wood’ floor in our Cali Ocean. Love the look and it appears to be hard wearing. Having said that have now bought carpets for the lounge area, and in the boot the slide out tray covers it. :)

Not sure if the wood effect will make the floor more practical for a dog but I fell in love the moment I saw it in YT vids. Especially the light oak finish in the Coast model (don't like it so much in the darker variant used in the Ocean). Brightens the interior considerably which already has a fair amount of grey. I was a little concerned that it extends all the way through to the tailgate so will have to get a rubber mat to protect it from the folding ebike. I think it'll be an easier surface to brush clean vs the standard rubber that seems to get 'sticky' as it ages.
In the grand scheme of things its not an expensive option and something I can appreciate daily every time I step into the Cali.

Got the ‘wood’ floor in our Cali Ocean. Love the look and it appears to be hard wearing. Having said that have now bought carpets for the lounge area, and in the boot the slide out tray covers it. :)
Sounds good, does this flooring option carry right through to the boot space? That would be nice if it did

You answered my question about floor the length, makes it a little better value that I first thought, I’m very tempted, need to up sell this option her

You answered my question about floor the length, makes it a little better value that I first thought, I’m very tempted, need to up sell this option her
I need to become a member so I can edit my spelling! I have Frozen fingers too

Looks great, but very expensive for what it is. Would only consider if you intend to keep uncovered. Much prefer carpet personally, in which case the standard floor is absolutely fine.

Looks great, but very expensive for what it is. Would only consider if you intend to keep uncovered. Much prefer carpet personally, in which case the standard floor is absolutely fine.
Very true @Kernowboy
I don’t have animals, so will keep it uncovered. Great with wet boots.
Leave to dry and then just wipe off.
The same for the plastic floor too I guess

Scratches and chips easily, a stone caught underfoot and you've had it!

Attachments

• IMG_20201208_202730.jpg
    IMG_20201208_202730.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_20201208_202706.jpg
    IMG_20201208_202706.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 123

Sorry to see that, it must be gutting! The floor looks great and gets away from the endless Grey. I was sorry that I didn't get to spec it on my incoming van and was 1 of the things I liked about the Marco Polo before I chose a Cali. I guess it's the decades of experience from VW that put the standard flooring in.

1 it looks fantastic

2 bought because we have a dog and is so easy to clean

the knobbly surface of the std floor has grip but harder to clean after a dog has brought most of his walk back into the van with him. In the step area on the standard floor is the only area I will place a mat

3 shoes out of the van socks inside will cut down the stone scrape risks.

We have the wooden effect floor, very easy to clean, looks IMO so much nicer and visually the strips lengthens the cabin area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nooooooooooooooo!! That has me really worried now. We have spec'ed the flooring option on our Coast order, as we felt that the matching flooring would work better alongside the light oak Coast units. Never managed to see one in the flesh prior to ordering, but did see the grey version in an Ocean and agree with the wow factor comments and how it draws the eye, giving the illusions of length. I really hope that your experience is just the rental customers not treating you vans with the respect they deserve. Any other real world experiences out there that can give reassurance that I wont live to regret the option?

Our van is just over three years, purchased new. Floor is still unblemished ! Sadly the exterior of our Cali is in desperate need of a clean thou.

I agree the standard flooring on the T5/T6 is ridiculously difficult to keep clean. The T6.1 flooring is now a darker grey, probably still just as much a dirt magnet, but won't show it as much.
Would I tick the very expensive planked floor option?
Well it's still very grey, which l personally like because it's colour co-ordinated with the cupboards. We use washable mats to make the floor warmer and to protect the alloy runners.Alot of owners seem to fully carpet the living area which makes it a pointless option.
It's been mentioned that it can scratch easily, is probably slippery and colder under foot, our Cali is a "no shoe house".
Seems I'd have to have a dog to make it a justifiable option.

1 it looks fantastic

the knobbly surface of the std floor has grip but harder to clean after a dog has brought most of his walk back into the van with him. In the step area on the standard floor is the only area I will place a mat

You are right, even on multi million £ super yachts you are asked to remove your shoes, iv seen that in St Tropez harbour

Nooooooooooooooo!! That has me really worried now. We have spec'ed the flooring option on our Coast order, as we felt that the matching flooring would work better alongside the light oak Coast units. Never managed to see one in the flesh prior to ordering, but did see the grey version in an Ocean and agree with the wow factor comments and how it draws the eye, giving the illusions of length. I really hope that your experience is just the rental customers not treating you vans with the respect they deserve. Any other real world experiences out there that can give reassurance that I wont live to regret the option?
Well, iv just joined you by emailing dealer to add it, only seen photos and read comments on the forum, I’m sure it will be fine

1 it looks fantastic

I spec'd this as think it looks terrific. Will take the advice of socks only in the van though (and dog paws).

Hello
Dog mats are the way to go if you have a dog that moultsB655EAFB-9DD7-4599-99CC-5EF8D1F12339.jpeg

To be quite frank, beige carpets ? honestly who at VW has any idea.... so we only ever wear shoes in front and then we have additional carpets and rubber mats in front. So slippers or socks are a necessity ( Sadly )

Back