Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

6.1 Ocean Navigation System

D

DNT

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
I would be obliged if anyone would explain to me, how I instruct the Nav. system to avoid tolls.

M

Moon Madness

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Same thing happened to me yesterday and could not see anywhere to put in ‘avoid’ measures.

The Tall Luthier

The Tall Luthier

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Enter your destination, go to your map view, click the bottom right settings icon bobs your uncleFA3310D0-8C55-4B93-BAE0-F92EA54418E1.jpeg

M

Moon Madness

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Enter your destination, go to your map view, click the bottom right settings icon bobs your uncleView attachment 93013
Thanks very much. Just have to get the media pro fixed now as it stopped totally working mid journey! So now no nav, radio, phone connection etc. Have to say not been impressed with the media pro system given the financial outlay with the vehicle. Thanks again for the info though, will remember when I get fixed!

A

AndyP12345

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
We are 15 months into Ocean ownership infotainment system still not fixed despite numerous SW updates. Now waiting 2 months for complete new system to see if that fixes the problem. Currently in France and have found another interesting feature of the system it sometimes switches on fully dash as well in the night or the infotainment screen lights up but with no information!

A

Alistair Hardy

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Thanks very much. Just have to get the media pro fixed now as it stopped totally working mid journey! So now no nav, radio, phone connection etc. Have to say not been impressed with the media pro system given the financial outlay with the vehicle. Thanks again for the info though, will remember when I get fixed!
I agree the Nav systems are complicated and unreliable, I had a similar problem to you twice.
I found this company to be incredibly good, speak to Hamid at:

P

Paxtonend

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
I would be obliged if anyone would explain to me, how I instruct the Nav. system to avoid tolls.
In my opinion the Nav is the very worst feature on the vehicle. It’s awful.

66tim99

66tim99

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
In my opinion the Nav is the very worst feature on the vehicle. It’s awful.
I thought so too but persevered because I like the route appearing in the dash even whilst my daughter faffs with the radio etc.
I like it in the end, except the traffic assessment seems to be hit and miss. Sometimes it shows and suggests a re-route, sometimes it seems to have no data. It doesn’t seem to “helpfully” reset your settings as traffic data remains ticked…would love to be able to rely on that

Hawthorn37

Hawthorn37

Retired, and working hard at it
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I’ve reverted to the vans satnav when my phone struggles to get data for Google Maps or Waze. I’ve found it acceptable, and guess I should persist, but as I use different cars, Google/ Waze is my lazy preference.

Stow

Stow

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Being dependent on an in built sat nav is filed alongside using betamax video cassettes today. Get rid, use Google maps etc with a phone. It updates traffic and routes for free every second.

Stow

Stow

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Google etc offers offline services too. Plus Openstreetmap is now on android auto.