Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

900 miles Across country charity cycle ride

Thank you for the tips Wye Valley and Elan Valley. On our list for a cycling tour. Just found a campsite Elan Oaks on my app Organic Maps. Maybe a good base camp for our Cali.

Marc.
Nice site (lot of renovation work going on when we were there), perfectly positioned. The cycling is great but part of the cycle path was closed due to safety issues last year. Rhayader nice little town too.

Thank you for the tips Wye Valley and Elan Valley. On our list for a cycling tour. Just found a campsite Elan Oaks on my app Organic Maps. Maybe a good base camp for our Cali.

Marc.

Elan oaks is fine, a 20 mile round trip on a bike, lovely!!

Maybe we go cycling in Wales this august or september.
Which period is best, with regard to
- rain/ sun
- local peak hollidays

Ofcourse I know the answer on rain (no bad weather, only bad clothing), but just to get a feeling.

regards from Amsterdam,

Mac.

There is a bank holiday on Monday 29th August. It's likely to busy on the weeks before and after.

Weather is often good in early to mid September after the schools start again.

- rain/ sun
- local peak hollidays

Ofcourse I know the answer on rain (no bad weather, only bad clothing), but just to get a feeling.

regards from Amsterdam,

Mac.
Schools go back in the first week of September so sites will generally be free of children but full of retired folk (like myself:)). Some fantastic cycling around mid and west (in fact all over) Wales! September can often be pleasant weather wise, but we’re not known for our sunny days. Coastline can be fantastic as can the hills and plenty of cycleways to follow. If you want some specifics drop me a line.

- rain/ sun
- local peak hollidays

regards from Amsterdam,

Mac.

August can be lovely, but busiest time of year. Elan Oaks might be a good bet, nothing there except for walkers and cyclists. except

Thank you all, then it will be second week of September, I think.
According to Archies campsite app, most campings in Wales are open until end of October or even later, so that's another positive sign.

Marc.

Thank you all, then it will be second week of September, I think.
According to Archies campsite app, most campings in Wales are open until end of October or even later, so that's another positive sign.

Marc.
Marc. Once you have a route let me know and I’ll give you a few places worth a visit / stay.
Pete

Well, we wil be traveling Brecon and then mid and North Wales. Looking for simple camp sites end of August, during full September. Just a loo will be ok.

Marc.