907 Gaz refills in Andalucia?

Mike Frost

Mike Frost

2009 130 T5 SE - "BARBARA ANN"
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Dear all,

We're staying on the Los Escullos site in the Cabo de gata national park. I've found it next to impossible to find a refill. The Gaz store locator site gave us 3 in Almeria, which either don't keep these bottles, or don't exist anymore. A campsite 70k away purported to keep Gaz in stock, but didn't have any, out of stock, don't know when they'll be in again.
There's a camping store in Murcia that probably has them, but that's 250k each way, a day on the road and a tank of diesel.

Has anyone else encountered this dearth of availability?

Best

Mike

Dear all,

We're staying on the Los Escullos site in the Cabo de gata national park. I've found it next to impossible to find a refill. The Gaz store locator site gave us 3 in Almeria, which either don't keep these bottles, or don't exist anymore. A campsite 70k away purported to keep Gaz in stock, but didn't have any, out of stock, don't know when they'll be in again.
There's a camping store in Murcia that probably has them, but that's 250k each way, a day on the road and a tank of diesel.

Best

Mike
I ended up buying a Butane cylinder the same size from a different manufacturer when I was in Spain. Campingaz is not easy to find in Portugal or Scandinavia either.

We found Butsir which is the Spanish equivalent of Camping gaz (they repaint and refill 907s) We got some on the campsite at Las Negras, a few kms from you. Shop open for a couple of hours in the morning only.

Dear all,

Yes. However, all is not lost. Campsites often stock DIY refills in the summer months at cheap prices and may have a few bottles left over off season. Chandleries at marinas often have stock at somewhat higher prices.

Try phoning around the local campsites.

You could try contacting this site:

They are a busy all year site and claim to have gas, and when we stayed in 2017 I think they had some.

We found Butsir which is the Spanish equivalent of Camping gaz (they repaint and refill 907s) We got some on the campsite at Las Negras, a few kms from you. Shop open for a couple of hours in the morning only.
Good to know, although price seems to be similar to the 907 about € 25 in Italy & France and a lot more in some countries € 35 in Netherlands last year which I'm not going to pay, it's a very expansive way to buy gas.

We carry two 907 which we try not to use unless the weather is very bad, a cheaper way is the small single stove which uses the aerosol type of gas canister we can find for € 1.20 -1.30 which is about half the price per/kg of gas and a dam site better burner than the Cali 2-burner.

When we get back on the road after this Apocalyptic virus, I'm looking at a diesel stove Primus type, theres a few out there on Amazon from € 40 - 100's they run 4-6 hours per/lit so a huge saving for us as we will or were going to be traveling most of the year and our sponsor the Department of W&P is not so generous Ha! Ha! and the FX rate is crap...

Back