Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camping GAZ 907 Cylinder price in France.

If those are dimensionally the same as Camping Gaz filled with more than 2.7kg then they are being filled beyond the safe 80% limit.
I thought that too …….. but then again in Morocco who cares? ‘Inshallah’ :D

I spent some time flying hot air balloons in Muslim countries (Jordan, Oman, Dubai) and the gas refill depots we’re always scary places to be! …….. very manual …… very casual…… very ‘Inshallah’! ……. often used to see the man doing the refills with a fag in his mouth! :eek:

Gaz 907 exchange today (27/6) in SuperU was 29.10 Eureos. New purchase 54.7 Euros.
Big jump from last price check.

Gaz 907 exchange today (27/6) in SuperU was 29.10 Eureos. New purchase 54.7 Euros.
Wow that’s crazy, are you sure they didn’t charge you the price of full new bottle included and not just a refill?

Refill was 25 Euro in Intermarche 6 weeks ago. New 907 bottle 55 Euro

Wow that’s crazy, are you sure they didn’t charge you the price of full new bottle included and not just a refill?
Just checked price when in there shopping. Well up on last check.

Chorley Gas are probably the cheapest in the UK but even they are £40 (46.50€) today for a refill.

I'm glad the new TGE will have a tank underneath.

Sorry didn’t read your post correct thought you paid the higher price for refill:headbang
No problem. I was expecting a price up to 25 from 20 odd last check but prices have gone up as in UK on most things. At least exchange rate bit better currently.

I was in a hardware store next to a LeClerc in Alsace and queried the cost of a 907 (around €55 for a new one). The lady I was talking to couldn’t comprehend the concept of exchanging an empty one for a full one, but did offer the comment that gas prices have ‘exploded’ in recent times !

I was in a hardware store next to a LeClerc in Alsace and queried the cost of a 907 (around €55 for a new one). The lady I was talking to couldn’t comprehend the concept of exchanging an empty one for a full one, but did offer the comment that gas prices have ‘exploded’ in recent times !
From experience I think you will get understood by using the word 'recharge' if you want an exchange cylinder.

I know, I did use the word, she didn’t appear to understand the concept, although it was only a passing query on my part. I was not buying at that point.

I know, I did use the word, she didn’t appear to understand the concept, although it was only a passing query on my part. I was not buying at that point.
I did my last exchange at a Leclerc, but it took a bit of sorting out and a Supervisor call for help.

I’ve found it easier just going to the ‘acceuil’ information desk and asking for the ‘recharge’ there, as opposed to wandering around the shop carrying an empty cylinder looking for a full one. You do occasionally get sent from there to a collection point round the back.

Incidentally, I’ve just had to buy a refill today in the Netherlands - cost €45 - maybe nominally less than back in the UK. Ouch!

I think about £700
So that’s about 16 uk refills and that’s worth around 800days camping, max a year say 80days only 10yrs Cali ownership to break even.
Plus lpg is being faxed out at petrol stations, I can’t see much benefit to underslung gas on a cali.
Maybe full time living, but I done that for a few years in a joker and managed with 907

So that’s about 16 uk refills and that’s worth around 800days camping, max a year say 80days only 10yrs Cali ownership to break even.
Plus lpg is being faxed out at petrol stations, I can’t see much benefit to underslung gas on a cali.
Maybe full time living, but I done that for a few years in a joker and managed with 907
The benefits are you do not need to carry as spare .LPG is widely available in Europe already up to 70 nights this year.

Almost 8 yrs for me on 2 refills a year at £45. I do at least 150 nights a year but do my utmost to avoid boiling water if a flask can be used to take water from another source to save gas..

The benefits are you do not need to carry as spare .LPG is widely available in Europe already up to 70 nights this year.
We were using 2/3 907s a year pay back was not a priority when buying this but as you mentioned it the more experience it is the quicker the pay back is.

Almost 8 yrs for me on 2 refills a year at £45. I do at least 150 nights a year but do my utmost to avoid boiling water if a flask can be used to take water from another source to save gas..
Why make things hard for yourself when there is a solution out there?

Why make things hard for yourself when there is a solution out there? 10 kilos refill is about 3 907s@ £40 .00 £120.00 £7.00 for me to refill.plus when we stop to fill up with diesel and the forecourt has LPG we can top up with gas it just stops you looking round for camping gas.

Back