Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camping GAZ 907 Cylinder price in France.

Don't understand trying to save £3 over a refill... Just drive at 68mph instead of 70mph and you'll save more than £3 by the time you reach France.
And when you reach France the speed limits are 50 mph (80kph) on ordinary roads so you should be able to save even more.

We have a Cadac Dual Power Pak for our 2-Cook 2-Pro. Saw some Coleman C500 cartridges as a 6 pack at an attractive price and for some idle reason decided to work out the price per kg and compare to the best price I could find for a 907. Turns out the small cylinders are significantly cheaper than the 907 - at least at the prices I found.

6 x 440gram (2.64kg) - £23.00
907 Refill (2.72Kg) - £38.00

Bit like supermarket 'deals' - sometimes you have to have a calculator to hand to work out if it is actually a good deal .. although from the above numbers not hard to spot ..

Cooking outside preferred then - or just set it all up on the cooker worktop...

We have a Cadac Dual Power Pak for our 2-Cook 2-Pro. Saw some Coleman C500 cartridges as a 6 pack at an attractive price and for some idle reason decided to work out the price per kg and compare to the best price I could find for a 907. Turns out the small cylinders are significantly cheaper than the 907 - at least at the prices I found.

6 x 440gram (2.64kg) - £23.00
907 Refill (2.72Kg) - £38.00

Bit like supermarket 'deals' - sometimes you have to have a calculator to hand to work out if it is actually a good deal .. although from the above numbers not hard to spot ..

Cooking outside preferred then - or just set it all up on the cooker worktop...
Small cartridges are excellent value. We use these for the ridge monkey stoves:

6 x 445g = £19.50

Small cartridges are excellent value. We use these for the ridge monkey stoves:

6 x 445g = £19.50

Them's the ones. Just finding places that will ship them not so easy now .. but even at local shop prices, still seem cheaper. Our local shop £29.99 for 6 - still works out at £2.50 per Kg less.

Yes I know there are a number of threads on the subject but I'm posting this as an up to date price (11th July 2022) for those planning to cross the Channel this summer and use Camping GAZ 907 cylinders.

If you possibly can manage DON'T BUY A REFILL IN THE UK.

Price for a Camping GAZ 907 refill today in a Super U was 24.90€ which is broken down as 20.75€ + 4.79€ tax equivalent to a total price of £21.03 at this moment's exchange rate.

And just to show how we in Britain are being ripped off, the French price includes their equivalent of VAT at 20%. In Britain gas refills should only attract VAT at 5% thus the equivalent would be £18.39 per refill. As far as I know the best price you will find in Britain is about £34.50!
Just paid £36 for a 904 refill from Jet in Clapton, London (needs must but I should’ve left time to order from Chorley).
To buy a full complete cylinder would have been £96!

Last edited:
Just paid £36 for a 904 refill from Jet in Clapton, London (needs must but I should’ve left time to order from Chorley).
To buy a full complete cylinder would have been £96!
That's beyond taking the pi55.

I see someone above who bought well from Go Outdoors but I don't know if all branches stock 907s.

Price for a Camping GAZ 907 refill today in a Super U was 24.90€ which is broken down as 20.75€ + 4.79€ tax equivalent to a total price of £21.03 at this moment's exchange rate.

And just to show how we in Britain are being ripped off, the French price includes their equivalent of VAT at 20%. In Britain gas refills should only attract VAT at 5% thus the equivalent would be £18.39 per refill. As far as I know the best price you will find in Britain is about £34.50!

Absolute rip off prices in France, why would anyone buy one there when they give away full bottles for Free in go Outdoors!

Looks like this is at the Southampton store only?
Nationwide, but as it was on the front of the catalog sent to everyone on their mailing list today, chances are they have sold out by now. Especially if its not rationed to one per customer.

Went to Bangor go out doors and they were sold out of 907.
Had to pay £42 for refill petrol station in wales.
That’s the most I’ve ever paid!!!!!

French prices may be up a bit now...

26.90€ (about £23. 55) for a 907 refill at Weldom, Sennecey le Grand this week but still better than the UK unless you can find a Go Outdoors loss leader!

Managed to exchange two 907 bottles in France this week

€26 in Veynes near Gap in a Super U

€28 in Calais in an Auchan superstore

maybe we were unlucky but we had to search a bit to find a refill

Just been in a Super-U in Castelsarrasin in the Midi, not far from Toulouse, and 907 refills were only €22. To buy a new one was only €50.

Just Googled the price in France and it looks like 30€ - 35€ is the going price for a refill.

Mr.Bricolage = 31.95€

£4 everywhere in Morocco including the cylinder and you get 3kg not 2.7.

Not Campingaz but the same fitting and dimensionally the same.

C423DBC4-C738-4D8D-AB93-0C93F91F168A.jpeg

Back