Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A few thoughts on my beach

Gez B

Gez B

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Have owned my VW Beach for two years now and I have loved every minute of owning it. It has been all over the country and I have seen places I probably would never have seen if I had not bought it. I always feel good as I pull away for my next adventure, in fact the stress of work disapears as I pull off the drive. I have met some great people and cannot wait for 2019 for the next trips. I am currently sitting in the van writing this near St Austell in my shorts and T shirt (the parking heater was worth the extra for winter camping) waiting to see in the new year. Happy new year to everyone who owns a california ,ocean or beach and I hope you all have a great new year

Last edited:
A new year morning picture would be great! Happy new year

I've also had a 2016 Beach from new and can say without reservation that it's the most versatile vehicle that I've owned in fourty eight years of driving. I've also owned a T5 SE 4motion and whilst that was also a pure delight to own and use it didn't tick as many boxes to meet our current personal circumstances as our current Beach.

Whilst our ex demo van came as a seven seater with just about everything specified, I will be adding dsg, led headlamps, that auto cruise thingy (sorry can't remember what it's called) and the amplified drivers voice function in the rear. Apart from that and unless our circs change, it will be a repeat prescription for us when the time comes.

3 and a half years here and I still love my beach too. Great vehicle and best I've had, maybe closely follow by my Alfa Brera. The alfa barely had room for passengers though so camping or moving furniture was out ;)

VW Liverpool tell me that my Beach is on it's way from Germany so should have it week after next!
Great to hear how much others love their Beaches.

Happy New Year to all!

Likewise! Our Beach has been simply brilliant. A seven seater when needed for ferrying people and things around, and our home on the road for our adVANtures! We have seen and stayed in places that we would never have visited doing 'normal holidays'. The freedom is immense, and whilst long trips require planning that too has been a great education. I had to be persuaded that buying a 'camper' was the right things to do, but I've been hooked from day one. We keep an old fashioned blog (a small A5 sized notebook) in which I record details of all our trips and nights away... 22 trips and 72 nights away in the van in two years. Our kids love the van and we too have met some lovely people on the road. Two Euro trips have taken us from beaches to mountain tops and everything in between. Every time we head off in our van we feel very excited and very content. True family time, making memories! And even driving the Beach for many hours at a stretch is a pleasure too.:)

Four of us and a dog lived in our Beach for 375 nights in 33 different countries.

Since returning home in June last year, it has been the only family car, used extensively for weekend camping, bike trips and days out.

The only thing it has not been used for is the school run. For that, a bicycle is far superior.

IMG_2183.JPG

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Last edited:
Have owned my VW Beach for two years now and I have loved every minute of owning it. It has been all over the country and I have seen places I probably would never have seen if I had not bought it. I always feel good as I pull away for my next adventure, in fact the stress of work disapears as I pull off the drive. I have met some great people and cannot wait for 2019 for the next trips. I am currently sitting in the van writing this near St Austell in my shorts and T shirt (the parking heater was worth the extra for winter camping) waiting to see in the new year. Happy new year to everyone who owns a california ,ocean or beach and I hope you all have a great new year

I have the same feeling. WE ❤️ LOVE our Drusilla. When we drive her, even for going shopping, is a pleasure. Happy new adventourous year for you all

Back