Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T5.1 beach prices?

thesquirrelpatrol

thesquirrelpatrol

VIP Member
hi,

Not been on the forums for a while but just wanted to check out what people think of the t5.1 vs t6 beach prices.

I've seen a few on auto trader with around 7000 miles on them and OK specs for around £38k which is very close to the price they would have been new. Are they actually getting these prices for them Given the price increase for the t6 is pretty substantial?

I may have to find the deposit for a new house very soon and if I was getting a good price for my beach I'd seriously consider selling.

Adam

If anyone is paying that then they are mugs. A quick look around last week saw the last of the demo SEs in the very low £40s,effectively brand new.

I think it would depend very much on the spec though. The ones on auto trader have are fairly basic for your £38k.
As a point of interest I priced up a t6 beach with the same spec as mine and it came out at something crazy like £46k based on the new price list , even with 7/8% discounted at the dealer you're still looking at around £43k. What would you suggest a year old t5.1 would therefore be priced at?

I'm guessing that you don't get a lot back on all the nice to have extras such as 18" wheels as most can live without them. Sure the parking heater will help sell it and the Xenons are desirable, but you'll be competing against dealer demos and they've got a lot better at specifying them. My Beach spec was around £43k and I picked it up for around £32K 10 months old with 200 miles on clock. I got the dealer to include the bike rack, roof rack, front fogs, tow bar, side bars, bumper protection, bluetooth in the original advertised price and I'm sure it cost them a fraction of the list price. Although double glazed, they omitted privacy glass which is why it failed to sell it, oh and it was yellow which we love and appears to have increased in popularity since then:happy. I had to go to Northern Ireland to collect it, but easily put right with window film.

Not an expert, but I guess you're looking at 20-25% depreciation in the first year on list price, although I suggest subsequent depreciation would be a lot less. Most people keep new cars for around three years due to the initial depreciation, if you keep them for a long time depreciation doesn't really matter; just enjoy it.:thumb

Sounds like you got a real bargain there, £32k is amazing! Although isn't the point in buying a Cali the fact that it doesn't depreciate the way a normal car would? Why would these nearly new beaches be listed at £38k if they're never going to sell at that? Isn't it a bit of a sellers market just now given the shortage of supply, increased price and build time delays with the new t6?

I spent at least six months looking at various Beach's and the further from London and SE the better the deal. There were some good options in the NW - Liverpool and Preston. Mine had been advertised since May and I bought it in September so the dealer was keen on shifting it before winter. I had to smile, as they were oblighed to replace it with another Beach and I helped them specify it with desirable options and colour.

I also suspect people will expect a reduced price on private sale due to risk factor and dealer will service, throw in extended warranty and be easier to deal with in case of any issues.

hi,

Not been on the forums for a while but just wanted to check out what people think of the t5.1 vs t6 beach prices.

I've seen a few on auto trader with around 7000 miles on them and OK specs for around £38k which is very close to the price they would have been new. Are they actually getting these prices for them Given the price increase for the t6 is pretty substantial?

I may have to find the deposit for a new house very soon and if I was getting a good price for my beach I'd seriously consider selling.

Adam
Hi Adam,
If I were you I would check the prices of similar vehicles for sale and advertise your Beach for the higher end of what others are asking whether it be a dealer or a private seller after making an appropriate allowance for your Cali's spec, age and mileage. After all, you have said that you need the money for a house deposit but I get the impression that if you cannot acheive a good figure you are not that bothered about selling.

There are only a hand full of Beaches currently for sale and most of those have a pretty basic spec. A combination of the season approaching fast and the longish waiting list for new T6s makes it a sellers market. It won't cost you that much to advertise it so you have nothing to loose. There just maybe someone out there who is looking for a Cali just like yours and wants to use it straight away.

Last edited:
Back