Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A helping hand required in Poole

S

shaunvwsheffield

Trade Advertiser
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Good afternoon all,

I recently personally delivered a brand new T6.1 California Ocean to a customer in Poole, although I did carry out a thorough handover with him he is still struggling with some of the controls. I have also sent him a virtual handover video but he is still struggling a little.

I wondered if there was a kind member close to the Poole area that would be willing to meet with my customer to just give him a helping hand getting over his issues?

You help would be appreciated

Thank you

Shaun
VW Van Centre Sheffield

I’m in Poole and happy to help, although if it’s help with 6.1 specific elements then I may not be able to answer his questions as I have a T5.1

I’m in Poole and happy to help, although if it’s help with 6.1 specific elements then I may not be able to answer his questions as I have a T5.1
Thank you for your reply and kind offer. It is 6.1 related questions he has.

Just had mine serviced at Breeze and they could t have been more helpful.

So Sheffield sell a van (probably on price) to a customer in Poole, and we’re surprised that the dealer on the doorstep won’t help out with a handover problem?....

Swearing they’ll use Breeze for all servicing and warranty work may get them interested, but you can hardly blame Breeze.

You wouldn’t buy a computer at currys Pc world then expect John Lewis to show you how to set it up, because Pc world can’t !
step too far comes to mind ?

You wouldn’t buy a computer at currys Pc world then expect John Lewis to show you how to set it up, because Pc world can’t !
step too far comes to mind ?
John Lewis give you twice the warranty and would of done a no quibble replacement.:) Poole should assist its about the brand not the van and where it came from plus pacify a new potential after sales customer, total jack attitude if they don't assist.

Why would they take time to bother?
If you bought the van from them, they'll be most happy to help you out. But I certainly don't blame them for not being interested in helping one out that didn't buy the van from them.
Why invest your time when someone else is gone with the money?

Once the new owner takes his van for a service to Poole, they could help him out with questions.

Would you help one out that didn't buy something that expensive from you? I don't thinks so.

so is there anyone that can help out this chap?

So Sheffield sell a van (probably on price) to a customer in Poole, and we’re surprised that the dealer on the doorstep won’t help out with a handover problem?....

Swearing they’ll use Breeze for all servicing and warranty work may get them interested, but you can hardly blame Breeze.
Who said we were surprised just confirming they are not interested

Thank you I will pass on your email address if that’s ok ?

I know that they’re separate franchises but if U.K. VW dealers had a reasonably equivalent pricing/discount policy across the country we wouldn’t be going through DtD etc and getting allocated dealerships miles from our homes, we’d go local.
The John Lewis analogy doesn’t really stack up. All JL stores offer the same pricing and you can return a faulty item to any store.

Hi all, id just like to point out that I did carry out a thorough handover with the customer (1.5 hours) on delivery but he was a little overwhelmed by all the different systems, I have subsequently sent him a 45 minute virtual handover video which has covered some of the points but not all. I had agreed to personally deliver the vehicle 230 miles away a part of the deal for this reason as he was quite nervous having never purchased a brand new vehicle before and certainly not a camper van.

Again from a customer service point of view I would help any customer that asked me for help whether they had purchased from us or not, he originally purchased from us as the level of service I offered and time to reply to his questions was much better / quicker and pro active than other dealers he had spoken with. If you help someone out and leave a lasting impression I'm sure you would be at the forefront of their mind if they we looking to change their vehicle.

Thank you to the few of you that have offered a helping hand and hopefully we can get this sorted.

Hi all, id just like to point out that I did carry out a thorough handover with the customer (1.5 hours) on delivery but he was a little overwhelmed by all the different systems, I have subsequently sent him a 45 minute virtual handover video which has covered some of the points but not all. I had agreed to personally deliver the vehicle 230 miles away a part of the deal for this reason as he was quite nervous having never purchased a brand new vehicle before and certainly not a camper van.

Again from a customer service point of view I would help any customer that asked me for help whether they had purchased from us or not, he originally purchased from us as the level of service I offered and time to reply to his questions was much better / quicker and pro active than other dealers he had spoken with. If you help someone out and leave a lasting impression I'm sure you would be at the forefront of their mind if they we looking to change their vehicle.

Thank you to the few of you that have offered a helping hand and hopefully we can get this sorted.
Hi Shaun, is the handover video something that you’ve produced or is available from all VW dealerships? Can you share it?

Hi Shaun, is the handover video something that you’ve produced or is available from all VW dealerships? Can you share it?
I produce a personalised handover video for each and every California I hand over, as it is personalised to the customer and on their vehicle I cant share this im afraid. Once we have our new demo I plan on making a generic one but our demo is not due until December!

I produce a personalised handover video for each and every California I hand over, as it is personalised to the customer and on their vehicle I cant share this im afraid. Once we have our new demo I plan on making a generic one but our demo is not due until December!
That’s excellent service Shaun. I’ll approach my dealer.

@shaunvwsheffield
Shaun, have you suggested to your customer that he joins this forum and tap into the wealth of advise we can offer?

Ironically I'm at Breeze Poole tomorrow for service and MOT and would have gladly helped your customer whilst I'm waiting, but they might not appreciate it :)

Back