Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A week in Wales

Yorkie

Yorkie

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
going for our first real trip in the Cali. 9 days in Wales.
First night is en route near Shrewsbury. A caravan and camping club farm CS. Discovered how hard it is to use a bubble level to get Brian level. Decided left to right would do with a slope towards our heads, slept well so not a problem.

I positioned the van to get the best morning view but it was misty so didn't matter.

We spent the afternoon and evening in the town which is recommended and in the summer I am sure it would be brilliant.

Off to Aberystwyth today and day 2
IMG_3138.JPG

Glad you're enjoying your first big trip.

Don't stress too much about how level the van is. I allways work on the theory 'levelish' is good enough and don't worry too much about a head-up position. I think its actually more critical for cooking than it is for sleeping.

Looks like a good tour

Is this your site ? looking for a site later in the year

http://www.pengarregcaravanpark.co.uk/
That's the one. Turns out to be the cheapest one yet on our tour and had wi fi free too.

Sea view comes with the sound of the sea though which was noisy at first until you get used to it. It has its own bar/restaurant just off site which sold fine beer too.

For the energetic it's right on the coastal footpath too. We walked south and found medieval fishing traps in the sea right next to ancient lime kilns.

Ty Canol site. Lots of reviews moan about the price. That's because the 80 year old farmer tells you it's £10 but forgets to say per person plus £5 electric.

Fantastic view. The best I have seen really.

IMG_3171.JPG

Little Haven on a farm. £25 for a real field and a toilet in a hut. I have seen better so not impressed. Exit from the field was so muddy we got stuck and had to be dragged out backwards with their tractor. Even with Mud and Snow tyres.

IMG_3175.JPG

IMG_3177.JPG