Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

About to order a Coast...

D

DoctorCP

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi all

Thanks for letting me join the club. Been reading the posts on here for a while now, and you’re certainly a knowledgable bunch!

We are pretty close to putting in a order for new Coast, having saved for many years and hired a variety of vans in the last couple of years, mostly conversions. It was only when we hired an Ocean that we appreciated how much better it was than the others. Everything just seems to have been amazingly thought out! Appreciate that there is quite a wait for new orders at the moment, but having waited for several years, a few more months will fly by I’m sure.

We’re a family of four in Sheffield, with the kids at the age where they’ll still come on holiday with us for a few more years, before we become an embarrassment to them! The idea is that when that happens, my wife and I will have the California to ourselves for adventures.

Would like to post some questions in one of the forums if that is Ok, to call on all your experience!

We had a new coast delivered last week. Really impressed by the drive and how quiet and smooth it is. We haven’t experienced any new car problems. Everything working as intended and we love it. My advice would be that the only true essentials on a coast is the rear view camera for parking, as rear visibility is very poor. If you are also travelling in hot climates with kids in back then also consider the climatronic rear aircon as there are no rear vents otherwise and only one rear window slides open. Otherwise could be a bit hot in the back. Every other option is a nice to have IMHO (though we did choose a few including panoramic opening on bellows which has a wow feel and is only a 300 pound option)

Really glad to be hearing about more CaliCo's coming out of the woodwork! We ordered last week.

IMO camera is a nice to have too. Bellows is a must though!

We did add though:
Towbar for bike rack
80l tank/privacy glass/heated seats - all nice to haves...

Just ordered our coast last week. Very excited. Had a T5 until a few years ago but couldn't live without one

Commenting on the same posts at the same time now @Sad

Reactions: Sad