Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Accessing leisure battery under wardrobe !

philosan

philosan

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Can anyone give me a clue as to how to remove the back leisure battery on an Ocean. I want to attach crocodile clips for a free standing solar panel but the access is so tight it is virtually impossible. If I could pull it out that would solve it but that is also too difficult as there is no room to lift it above the lower lip. Any ideas ?

Has anyone managed to get the rear leisure battery, under the wardrobe, out !. There is no room to lift it up because of a black housing right above it and it has to be lifted slightly to get it out. you can't even get your hands round it to lift it and wiggle it out. Help !

Has anyone managed to get the rear leisure battery, under the wardrobe, out !. There is no room to lift it up because of a black housing right above it and it has to be lifted slightly to get it out. you can't even get your hands round it to lift it and wiggle it out. Help !
Did you not read the post above. Undo and remove the clamp and use a paint scraper or a cutlery knife to lever up the front over the lip. Easily done. Then to make it easier for next time tie some rope or an old belt around the battery for next time.
Oh, and I wouldn't use crocodile clips to connect the solar panel.

Did you not read the post above. Undo and remove the clamp and use a paint scraper or a cutlery knife to lever up the front over the lip. Easily done. Then to make it easier for next time tie some rope or an old belt around the battery for next time.
Oh, and I wouldn't use crocodile clips to connect the solar panel.
Thank you for your reply. The reason I posted twice was because it seems I posted it in the wrong forum, so when I didn't see it where I thought I posted it , I assumed it hadn't been accepted. I have subsequently had my wrists metaphorically slapped for my heinous error.