Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ad Blue levels etc... Nowt in my manual...

Tamanddave

Tamanddave

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Regarding getting an Ad Blue fill at a VW car dealer, our local VW car dealer booked the van in OK. But wouldn't do the fill as one of the 8 complimentary ones, as the car and van businesses are separate. Took it to the van centre instead.

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Reading this with interest. I recently topped up my Cali with Ad Blue after watching several you tube videos.
I bought a 10litre container and topped up with around half. At that time the display was telling me that I had 900miles worth of ad blue left.
But the digital display on the dash is still showing 900miles worth of Ad Blue left. Is there something I should do to reset the digital display or have I possibly put too much in not allowing the sensor give an accurate reading?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I was under the impression that after Topping Up you had to turn the Ignition On for 30/60 secs before starting the engine to Reset the Adblue system. I don’t have a T6 myself but would have thought the details on how to top up would be in the handbook.

Mr_bluesky

Mr_bluesky

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Reading this with interest. I recently topped up my Cali with Ad Blue after watching several you tube videos.
I bought a 10litre container and topped up with around half. At that time the display was telling me that I had 900miles worth of ad blue left.
But the digital display on the dash is still showing 900miles worth of Ad Blue left. Is there something I should do to reset the digital display or have I possibly put too much in not allowing the sensor give an accurate reading?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Ian, I would put the whole 10 litres in the tank. I’ve just refilled with 800 miles remainiing until top up and it took all 10 litres with ease. Started the engine and all was well the sensor had reset no problem. I’ve now filled up with adblue twice and had no problems ! Hope this helps ?

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I’m struggling to understand why people refill with large 10 litre plastic containers and tubes.

Just pop along to the nearest filling station with an AdBlue pump and use that. It’s as easy as filling with diesel. The only significant difference is you often have to go to the part of the filling station where HGVs refuel.

Borris

Borris

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I’m struggling to understand why people refill with large 10 litre plastic containers and tubes.

Just pop along to the nearest filling station with an AdBlue pump and use that. It’s as easy as filling with diesel. The only significant difference is you often have to go to the part of the filling station where HGVs refuel.
Also it's cheaper.

S

Shadrack

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Do you fill until the pump clicks out, or do you refill a set dose?

My two observations since learning about the danger of overfilling have been that the pump clicks out as the max refill is reached.
Unti
Do you fill until the pump clicks out, or do you refill a set dose?

My two observations since learning about the danger of overfilling have been that the pump clicks out as the max refill is reached.
Until pump clicks out, never had problems.