Adblue from the Pump.

Meoncoast

Meoncoast

an Ocean by the Sea
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Being new to Adblue I was wanting to fill up at pump rather than by bottle so wondered give many of us tour would this tread help. Until reading the other post re Adblue I thought by now it would be much more avalible in garages

If you found a pump add to list.

• Country
  • County
  • Town
  • Post Code
  • Brand and commets
I feel as price will do up (& down LOL) I think it is not worth adding it.

worth a try

Last edited:
Thanks Loz have seen the link but all the sites near me seem link HGV stops I was hoping more "car type" pumps may become avalible. or identified As we are using small amount are these HGV pumps going too be dispensing to fast as someone said Shell is saying HGV only.

Yes, Shell garages should be reported to trading standards, for discriminating between motorists over the cost of their adblue.

Assume you are aware its ammonia based and hence you can just "pee" in the tank and it will work . Best not to do it directly in the tank as you might get some funny looks from the neighbours!:talktothehand

Assume you are aware its ammonia based and hence you can just "pee" in the tank and it will work . Best not to do it directly in the tank as you might get some funny looks from the neighbours!:talktothehand

yes, and I am quite happy to Pee in yours if passing

Almost every petrol station here in Switzerland has them now. I think it cost me around 5 Swiss Francs to fill the tank (and it was very low, but not quite to the "will not switch on" level)

Being new to Adblue I was wanting to fill up at pump rather than by bottle so wondered give many of us tour would this tread help. Until reading the other post re Adblue I thought by now it would be much more avalible in garages

If you found a pump add to list.

• Country
  • County
  • Town
  • Post Code
  • Brand and commets
I feel as price will do up (& down LOL) I think it is not worth adding it.

worth a try
@Meoncoast
Good idea - but just a word of caution (unless Mods can place in VIP area).
I spoke to Shell Service Stations Customer Services today (full response on other thread shortly, and they wanted to know Shell Garages where non-HGV's were filling up - I declined (there may be a couple on the forum already) as I'm guessing they may want to enforce the HGV-Only Policy, which is based on, who would have thought, that universal excuse of Health & Safety!
I have escalated the issue further...

Any main line service station who sets up a Adblue pump for the public is going to make a killing Until last week I thought adblue was something for the chemical toilet.

Are Shell saying adblue for HGV only or commercial as if commercial we may have a wild card with T6 being a commercial van

Any main line service station who sets up a Adblue pump for the public is going to make a killing Until last week I thought adblue was something for the chemical toilet.

Are Shell saying adblue for HGV only or commercial as if commercial we may have a wild card with T6 being a commercial van
No specifically HGV - not commercial. So I wonder where that put Coach owners...?

Ha, loving this... now yet another opportunity for debate about whether Cali is private or commercial. Add it to the list:
- Private or commercial (for VED purposes)?
- private or commercial (for vehicle leasing schemes)?
- Private or commercial (for reclaiming VAT)?
- Private or commercial (for insurance)?
- Private or commercial (for accessing Caravan Club sites)?
- private or commercial (for parking at the beach)?
- Private or commercial (for booking ferry tickets)?
- Any more?

Sorry, being very naughty! :D

Ha, loving this... now yet another opportunity for debate about whether Cali is private or commercial. Add it to the list:
- Private or commercial (for VED purposes)?
- private or commercial (for vehicle leasing schemes)?
- Private or commercial (for reclaiming VAT)?
- Private or commercial (for insurance)?
- Private or commercial (for accessing Caravan Club sites)?
- private or commercial (for parking at the beach)?
- Private or commercial (for booking ferry tickets)?
- Any more?

Sorry, being very naughty! :D

Weren't some early Calis also ambiguous on the speed limits due to wrong classification at original registration?

Weren't some early Calis also ambiguous on the speed limits due to wrong classification at original registration?
Yes.

Not sure if its been mentioned on here but check out:

http://www.distribution365.co.uk/

20L for ÂŁ18.90 free shipping for over ÂŁ10 apparently.

I cannot find a pump local to me yet. The http://www.findadblue.com/ site seems to be out of date and what is there is incorrect.

...message ends...
I had a look for local, to me, sites as well & noticed that it was out of date. Only real answer is to check your local Filling Stations personally.

This looks more useable>

http://uk.air1.info/en/adblue-supply/adblue-filling/

They do Apps for Android & iphone.

It may be that uk.air.1 supplies either cans or both cans and a pump at the listed locations.
Mainly aimed at HGV operators.

Last edited:
I had a look for local, to me, sites as well & noticed that it was out of date. Only real answer is to check your local Filling Stations personally.

This looks more useable>

http://uk.air1.info/en/adblue-supply/adblue-filling/

A bit better but still lists one near me that has no pump, only bottles. What does an Adblue pump look like, not having seen one not sure what I'm looking for.

Edit: answered my own question:
adblue-pump.png

Now to see if they will let me use it !

...message ends

Last edited:
Took some years before any Filling Stations had Adblue pumps for HGV's and from that it follows that it may be some time before car areas have a pump, especially if they can charge 2 to 5 times the price for a can.

Seems my theory is correct as found this on a Supplier site.

Why can I not fill up my car in the truck lane ?
As well as the fact that you don’t really feel safe standing in between two large trucks, there is also a practical reason. These AdBlue systems are designed for high flow AdBlue deliveries of about 40 litres/min, whereas a passenger car and most delivery vans are designed for 6 litres/min. The nozzle will repeatedly shut off because it cannot deliver the flow it is designed for.

For the first few years, it is expected that commercial filling stations will offer you the option to purchase packet AdBlue products to fill up your car; further down the road, commercial filling locations for cars will become available.

GreenChem offers a special 4-litre canister with a non-drip spout which can be bought from many automotive retailers or commercial filling stations;

Last edited:
Just my experience; note that the Adblue pump at Shell (Talke) has a filling experience similar in every way to petrol/diesel pumps. the pump looks the same, and seems to dispense at a similar rate. It shuts off when full in exactly the same way. 11litres was ÂŁ7.70 or so. I wouldn't use an expensive canister unless circumstances demanded it. I'll just fill up there whenever I'm passing without making special trips.

Took some years before any Filling Stations had Adblue pumps for HGV's and from that it follows that it may be some time before car areas have a pump, especially if they can charge 2 to 5 times the price for a can.

As well as the fact that you don’t really feel safe standing in between two large trucks, there is also a practical reason. These AdBlue systems are designed for high flow AdBlue deliveries of about 40 litres/min, whereas a passenger car and most delivery vans are designed for 6 litres/min. The nozzle will repeatedly shut off because it cannot deliver the flow it is designed for.

For the first few years, it is expected that commercial filling stations will offer you the option to purchase packet AdBlue products to fill up your car; further down the road, commercial filling locations for cars will become available.

GreenChem offers a special 4-litre canister with a non-drip spout which can be bought from many automotive retailers or commercial filling stations;

That just reads like a poppycock/cop-out to me. I've filled up my 70L Volvo from a HGV pump the only issue was that I was there for minutes rather than 10s of minutes. I feel perfectly safe standing between truck, done it before. You can feather the nozzle to get the flow. Last time I was at a supermarket was cutting out anyway took bloody ages.

They can come up with whatever excuses they like but what I object to is the price difference. A small increase yes but not the 10+ times the price that some are selling! Also like many on here I'd rather have the convenience of sticking a pump in and have it delivered rather than having to faff around with 5L tubs and extension nozzles.

Mercedes trucks AdBlue tanks seem to range from 60L to 25L and ours is 13L
Not sure where I'm going with this just needed a rant !
Soap box stowed.

..message ends...

That's the excuse Shell Customer Service gave me, however I have sources that indicate these pumps do not have those high flow rates... Waiting for more information.

That just reads like a poppycock/cop-out to me. I've filled up my 70L Volvo from a HGV pump the only issue was that I was there for minutes rather than 10s of minutes. I feel perfectly safe standing between truck, done it before. You can feather the nozzle to get the flow. Last time I was at a supermarket was cutting out anyway took bloody ages.

They can come up with whatever excuses they like but what I object to is the price difference. A small increase yes but not the 10+ times the price that some are selling! Also like many on here I'd rather have the convenience of sticking a pump in and have it delivered rather than having to faff around with 5L tubs and extension nozzles.

Mercedes trucks AdBlue tanks seem to range from 60L to 25L and ours is 13L
Not sure where I'm going with this just needed a rant !
Soap box stowed.

..message ends...
Did sense that not just the air was getting 'BLEU' then.

Must investigate Porta-Soapbox. Should I ask where it fits in a Cali?

Being lazy and not gone to get the manual. What is the capacity of Ad Blue tank?

Mike

Back