Best VW California Dedicated Forum by Miles :)

Adding dealer reviews

Discussion in 'Dealer Reviews' started by calikev, Dec 4, 2011.

1. calikev

calikev Administrator Staff Member Admin/Founder

Transmission:
    Manual
    Vehicle:
    T5 Beach
    It would be really helpful if each time you visit your dealer you could please write a review of the experience of customer service you received in this category.

In the Subject heading please write the name and town of the dealer.

Please keep the reviews sensible and we reserve the right to remove libellous posts.

2. AndyVits

AndyVits

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Ocean 204
    Year:
    SMV Commercials in Yeovil:- I had a very irritating rattle from the sliding door. They identified it as the awning, made a temporary fix and under warranty arranged for the awning to be replaced. Also replaced the 'California' lights on the steps as they were scuffed. Also gave the vehicle a full valet. Great to have such a helpful, knowledgeable and friendly service centre (Also soon to be Commercial Van Dealer) so close to home. Highly recommended, speak with Chris (Service Manager, Emma (Service Dept) , and Josh (Cali trained Technician).

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. JezD

JezD VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Beach 150
    Year:
    Out of interest, how much did they charge for the Cali lights?

4. AndyVits

AndyVits

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Ocean 204
    Year:
    The lights were relaxed Free of charge under warranty..

• I Like That! I Like That! x 1
  5. JezD

JezD VIP Member

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Beach 150
    Year:
    Thanks, I’ve just had my one year old Beach in for some warranty work. They told me the cracked light wasnt covered and charged me £39.

6. AndyVits

AndyVits

Transmission:
    Auto
    Vehicle:
    T6 Ocean 204
    Year:
    Hi, the lights weren’t cracked, the plastic on the ‘California’ pieces were scuffed and seem to have really worn on a van that had around 3k miles.

7. Michelle

Michelle VIP Member

Liverpool
    Swanway
    We decided to upgrade and part exchange our 2011 cali for a brand new cali. Initially we had thought we would go to Sheffield as that was our nearest dealer but having looked through the various reviews for dealers and the websites Liverpool seemed to stand out as a better one in terms of customer service. Sheffield never got back to my contact through the website whereas Liverpool had an interactive chat where all my questions were answered or referred on to the right person to deal with. The Swanway group which has Liverpool, Lancashire, Wrexham and Birmingham also seem to have a good selection of second hand cali's which meant, in my opinion they were very knowledgeable about the van itself and all the features and were very open to trade in's and realistic about condition.

The guy we dealt with Andrew was very helpful and friendly and no hard sell just lots of advice about options and what were good and not so good. By chance the model we wanted to buy was their showroom model and after a bit of negotiation they agreed we could have it and so we picked it up just a week later! Customer service spot on and replied to all queries within 20 minutes throughout the process.

Apparently vw are going from around 40 van centres being able to sell california's to just 22 soon so it is important to rave about the good ones.

8. Denzilgts

Denzilgts VIP Member

Transmission:
    Manual
    Vehicle:
    T5 SE 140
    Year:
    At the present time I want to take the fifth amendment regarding a dealer review