Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Adding dealer reviews

calikev

calikev

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
It would be really helpful if each time you visit your dealer you could please write a review of the experience of customer service you received in this category.

In the Subject heading please write the name and town of the dealer.

Please keep the reviews sensible and we reserve the right to remove libellous posts.

SMV Commercials in Yeovil:- I had a very irritating rattle from the sliding door. They identified it as the awning, made a temporary fix and under warranty arranged for the awning to be replaced. Also replaced the 'California' lights on the steps as they were scuffed. Also gave the vehicle a full valet. Great to have such a helpful, knowledgeable and friendly service centre (Also soon to be Commercial Van Dealer) so close to home. Highly recommended, speak with Chris (Service Manager, Emma (Service Dept) , and Josh (Cali trained Technician).
Out of interest, how much did they charge for the Cali lights?

Hi, the lights weren’t cracked, the plastic on the ‘California’ pieces were scuffed and seem to have really worn on a van that had around 3k miles.

It would be really helpful if each time you visit your dealer you could please write a review of the experience of customer service you received in this category.

In the Subject heading please write the name and town of the dealer.

Please keep the reviews sensible and we reserve the right to remove libellous posts.
At the present time I want to take the fifth amendment regarding a dealer review

Totally agree re Liverpool. Attentive and helpful. Very nice looking Cali too.
Unfortunately our experience with Liverpool was quite the opposite.
Being the nearest Cali centre to where we live we made it our first call. The person we spoke to was unhelpful & offhand practically to the point of rudeness. Maybe he was having a bad day or thought we were time wasters, whatever it was it cost them a sale as we bought elsewhere.

CHELMSFORD van centre,
Over a year I have made 13 phone calls to this dealer about the corrosion on my roof, Every time I call, the body shop says someone will get back to me, or receptionist will call me back. Over a year and I am still waiting.
1/5

BEADLES Dartford.
Two years after I bought my California I've taken it in for four wheel alignment as outside of my Tyers was wearing out. They said I hit the curb and bend the wheel arms. ( how can you prove you didn't) so they replace them ( you guessed it, not covered under warranty). One week after they fixed it I took it back, as the steering wheel was off centre, they suposedley fixed it, but still not right, they answer is, nothing wrong with the steering wheel, I under inflate my tyers. I said I always do it to the Gide on inside the door, they said because van is heavy I should pump higher than what it says on the Gide, Clearly to them VW Gide on the door is wrong. I use my California on daily basis and on my own. Now I inflate Tyers higher psi than high settings. Unfortunately I had to change my Tyers 8 times in five years, and they are still saying nothing is wrong, I under inflate my Tyers. My California is 5 years old with 48000 mile on the clock. Also they checked my Corrosion, saying it needs to be done under warranty however VW not giving them much money so they can only book in for next September (2020) not earlier. Surely this can't be right.
1/5

Not a happy Person.
I would get onto Vw customer care and explain the story to them.

Just been to Volkswagen Van Centre Lancashire (just outside Preston) for my fist service and a few bits completed under warranty - new California lights (silver paint came of existing ones) and a new compartment box fitted to the top of the dash (lock used to stick).

No silly questions, excellent explanations, complete transparency and very friendly service. Will certainly be going back though there are 3-4 dealers closer to me (I am based between Bakewell and Buxton - Peak District)

://www.swanswaygarages.com/volkswagen-commercial/contact-us/preston/

Thank you Volkswagen Van Centre Lancashire

Back