Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Adding Ecoflow, quick and easy.

G

G-A-R-Y

Vehicle
Looking to buy
My plan is to add my Ecoflow to top up leisure battery charging and supply back-up cooking. Would members check and advise.

First buy the Wago WINSTA 770 connectors (male / female) and a break before make 25 amp 240v changeover switch.

I could potentially wire all this up on the bench and add a 13amp plug into the Ecoflow and then installing it in the cupboard will be much easier. The cigarette lighter socket is of no use to charge Eccoflow but I hope it will keep my house battery charged a little longer. I can then boost the Ecoflow if I get to a site.

Also if on a site will low amps I could run everything through Ecoflow and limit the charge current through the app??

If you've done this please offer advice.

You can’t use the 12V output to directly feed the leisure battery as although it has an overload trip it is not actively current limited so will likely just trip out. It’s is also not protected from back-flow so you may damage it. Using the 230Vac to charge the leisure battery or run the GCs socket outlets via a changeover switch is a relatively straightforward modification. Join this group and have a search through the files section for changeover switch for how-to. https://www.facebook.com/share/ogD4tkznhtw4E1h2/?mibextid=K35XfP

Thanks, group joined, I have NO intention of trying to power the van from the cigarette lighter socket,

I hope I didn't give other that suggestion, main question was will it work and is it easier to bench build this and then just plug it in??

Misinterpreted the question, apologies. If you are looking to use the Ecoflow for 230Vac off grid and/or charging of the leisure battery via the GCs ac:dc charger then thats a very common use case and you’ll find plenty of info on this forum and the FB groups. Use of an Ecoflow product to limit the power drawn from the campsite is not necessarily straightforward depending on the Ecoflow model. Most of them run in bypass mode rather than on battery when connected to mains meaning the mains input is relay connected internally to its socket outlets so the app battery charging level control does not limit the power drawn from the Ecoflow socket outlets and hence wont limit the power drawn from the campsite.

Back