Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ads popping up...

Moakesy

Moakesy

Moakesy
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
From this morning, I'm getting these ads popping up when I click on threads I want to read.

1613995560664.png

Is it just me, or is it a new thing?

I'm aware that all sites need money to run, so it may be how things are from now on, but I'm also aware I may have caught something nasty on my Mac.

Using Safari 14.0.3 on a MacBookPro running iOS 11.2

Same. I am using Chrome on both a Windows laptop and a Chromebook and get ads on both machines.

Me too. How do I switch off? @calikev , can you help?

Will our details be sold next? Slippery slope I'm afraid.

Same here, thought there was something wrong with my settings. Pop up blockers don't seem to make any difference either. Is this to fund the forum, if so it would have been good to let members know that this was going to happen.

Will our details be sold next? Slippery slope I'm afraid.
To be fair, I trust this site and the admin team much more than pretty much any other forum I use. Their privacy statement covers this off and is compliant. Also, these are the only guys I've actually met.

That said, I'm not happy about these pop-ups happening every two minutes and it will lead me to use to the site less I would imagine.

Doesn't seem to happen when using Chrome on my (Android) phone.

From this morning, I'm getting these ads popping up when I click on threads I want to read.

View attachment 74186

Is it just me, or is it a new thing?

I'm aware that all sites need money to run, so it may be how things are from now on, but I'm also aware I may have caught something nasty on my Mac.

Using Safari 14.0.3 on a MacBookPro running iOS 11.2
I’m getting ads too. Using an iPone X

No ads here, Firefox on Linux, with AdBlock Plus as an add-on.

Marc.

Nothing here, iPhone user but, some threads saying I’m not authorised to view. Which is odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4fe33cd6b22584ea313b737a7d9c8482.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No pop up here. on windows 10

Me too....I have been trying to work out what I'd done to my computer but couldn't find anything. Glad it's not just me but they are extremely annoying! Thanks for looking in to it @calikev

Edit: Using Safari on MacBook Pro

Last edited:
I’m using safari on an iPad and I’m not getting pop ups.

Its been happening to me since yesterday on my laptop running window10 and chrome

Getting the same since yesterday.
Apple user...

Hopefully it doesn’t last as it’s very annoying

Using Tapatalk, will test on a MB.

Edit: Using Safari on an iPad: Everything okay.

Back