Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Advice on Aircon Rear Settings

K

KAP0902

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
Thanks to a lot of information on this site from people I've managed to get to grips with most things on our Beach Camper (24 plate). Yesterday went out with passengers in living area who soon asked for to be cooler, 30min trip meant I just opened windows and turned up the 'Manual Air Con' in front to coolest and high blower speed.
Once there I had time to look at control panel and selected Aircon Rear, checked manual for settings.
I understood the air volume setting (max 6), what neutral to +6 means (couldn't find anything in manual) assumed neutral or +1 was the colder end. Then drove home with hot air pumping out, stopped and switched it off. Tried it today with various settings, blowers fine, still no cold air. I know it's very hot but I've got nothing even near the front aircon on the lowest setting.
Do I need to add this to my list for warranty checking or am I missing something?

- slam the sliding door with a lot of force especially from the inside
- drivers window rattles when open partially

Other than that I'm a "newby' who is loving having a Cali, so glad I didn't go for a conversion.

Thanks to everyone for any info and help

Some obvious questions - was the actual aircon on, or just the fan?

Aircon generally also works best with all windows closed and setting the temp works better than just switching the fans.

Air volume means nothing to me so assume it's a beach thing.

Thanks to a lot of information on this site from people I've managed to get to grips with most things on our Beach Camper (24 plate). Yesterday went out with passengers in living area who soon asked for to be cooler, 30min trip meant I just opened windows and turned up the 'Manual Air Con' in front to coolest and high blower speed.
Once there I had time to look at control panel and selected Aircon Rear, checked manual for settings.
I understood the air volume setting (max 6), what neutral to +6 means (couldn't find anything in manual) assumed neutral or +1 was the colder end. Then drove home with hot air pumping out, stopped and switched it off. Tried it today with various settings, blowers fine, still no cold air. I know it's very hot but I've got nothing even near the front aircon on the lowest setting.
Do I need to add this to my list for warranty checking or am I missing something?

- slam the sliding door with a lot of force especially from the inside
- drivers window rattles when open partially

Other than that I'm a "newby' who is loving having a Cali, so glad I didn't go for a conversion.

Thanks to everyone for any info and help
I thought Rear AirCon was a paid for Option that was included in the 3 Zone Climatronic Option.
If you have Manual AirCon control in the Dashboard do you actually have AirCon in the rear or is it just Ambient + Heating ?

Drivers window rattle is probably the legs of the awning not the window
If you don't have soft close on the door you probably do need to slam it.

It’s definitely blowing out of the correct place, doesn’t work if I turn off AC off via dashboard. Unit is on drivers side in rear tailgate compartment. Also I do have an option in the vehicle menu for supplementary heating, unticked.
I’ll check the awning legs, never thought of that one, thank you.

It’s definitely blowing out of the correct place, doesn’t work if I turn off AC off via dashboard. Unit is on drivers side in rear tailgate compartment. Also I do have an option in the vehicle menu for supplementary heating, unticked.
I’ll check the awning legs, never thought of that one, thank you.
All vehicles have that unit in rear for ambient/ heating via engine coolant system but only the paid for option has the AirCon heat exchanger as well with a digital screen on the passenger controls.

IMG_2345.jpeg