Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Advice on best mosquito and midge protection

Avon oil….
Doesn't work ....I ended using half a bottle just to put bikes on a rack. My scottish friend refused to get of his car..... he told me there was 10,000s buzzing around and I was on my own with that one.

Best solution....the coast or altitude

Go to IKEA and buy a couple of tea light lanterns and then visit amazon and buy a pack of 100 citronella tealights, they burn for approx 4 hours each, we hang one in the roof and it keeps the little biters away. Also buy some Avon Skin So Soft, the forestry commission swear by it.
If you like marmite, have it on your toast every morning and stay away from Arrochar. I have got the head nets but haven't needed them yet.
Arrochar....yes midge central

Go to IKEA and buy a couple of tea light lanterns and then visit amazon and buy a pack of 100 citronella tealights, they burn for approx 4 hours each, we hang one in the roof and it keeps the little biters away. Also buy some Avon Skin So Soft, the forestry commission swear by it.
If you like marmite, have it on your toast every morning and stay away from Arrochar. I have got the head nets but haven't needed them yet.
I don’t disagree but I’d rather stop the beggars getting in than have to tackle them once they have invaded. Even with a van full of citronella whiff some will get in…been there, got the t-shirt I am sorry to say.
It probably takes all of these methods to be 90% effective I reckon.