Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Advice on Bike Rack Suitable for Westfalia Club Joker High Top

J

JawaJaq123456

Vehicle
T6.1 Westafalia club joker
We have just bought our Club Joker High Top and are looking at the possibility of fitting a bike rack to allow us to carry bags/trunk. Info on the websites is very sketchy/cautious about suitability of a rack on our vehicle. Do any high top Joker owners have recommendations or experience they could pass on? I have seen an 2021 advert from peter-keys where he had a picture of a rack on a Joker high top, but not sure which rack it was.

Thanks

We use a Pro-User Diamant SG2 Plus on our High Top van. Must be the Plus to open the tailgate. Very happy.

I went for this solution on mine as I have heavy e-bikes and wanted a swing away versus drop down to open the tailgate. I then mounted a large storage box on the back of the tailgate to suit my storage needs:

We have just bought our Club Joker High Top and are looking at the possibility of fitting a bike rack to allow us to carry bags/trunk. Info on the websites is very sketchy/cautious about suitability of a rack on our vehicle. Do any high top Joker owners have recommendations or experience they could pass on? I have seen an 2021 advert from peter-keys where he had a picture of a rack on a Joker high top, but not sure which rack it was.

Thanks
I’m selling mine what was on my t6 joker. You can strap 2x bikes to it and still open tailgate. Has 110l givi outback box fitted. IMG_8754.jpegIMG_6209.jpegIMG_3878.jpeg

I’m selling mine what was on my t6 joker. You can strap 2x bikes to it and still open tailgate. Has 110l givi outback box fitted. View attachment 108654View attachment 108653View attachment 108652
That looks a great bit of kit, but we're unlikely to be carrying bikes. We're thinking of using it to carry an extra tent, camp beds etc for when family want to join us, and perhaps a canvas waterproof bag for some extra storage. On another note, your Joker is the twin to ours. :D

That looks a great bit of kit, but we're unlikely to be carrying bikes. We're thinking of using it to carry an extra tent, camp beds etc for when family want to join us, and perhaps a canvas waterproof bag for some extra storage. On another note, your Joker is the twin to ours. :D
That’s what I made it for. Use to carry a tent, extra 907 gas bottle and hiking gear rucksack etc all in a very secure lockable metal box, plus you can strap stuff to the 3down rails and use Thule clamps for windbreaker etc.
Tailgate opens fully without hitting hightop and standard westy struts hold it up ok.
It’s on here for £800 if you’re interested or eBay for a bit more.

Owned that silver joker for 3 1/2yrs best camper I’ve ever had, loads of posts on here of my adventures.
Hope you enjoy the van as much as I’ve enjoyed both my jokers.:thumb