Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Advice please - Bench Seat Stuck

J

jen

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I've just returned from my first night in California and I've got the bench stuck and unable to move it backwards or forwards, has anyone any advice? Thank you

Does the release handle appear to be operating ?

I've just returned from my first night in California and I've got the bench stuck and unable to move it backwards or forwards, has anyone any advice? Thank you
Is the strap impossible (very hard) to pull up? (You on a 3seat bench?)

We had something similar with ours when new; it turned out to be the stiffness of the lever - you do have to pull it up really quite hard, and it feels like a two stage process. You can feel it release at the top of the movement.

Mind you, I also spent a frustrating ten minutes pulling the wrong lever at one point . . .

Hi thank you for the replies. I managed to move it forward and backwards ok until we were preparing to set off back home. My daughter decided to try to help me and as I was trying to 'walk' backwards with the plastic handle held upwards in my right hand, she kind of jumped up and down, the whole seat lifted up, then just wouldn't move forwards or backwards. I've just been reading that its possible to remove the seat altogether but not sure I will be able to do that on my own...daughter is now safely on her way back to America and has no idea how frustrated I am with her as I'm placing the blame at her feet.....

The easyest way to move the bench seat is to do it while sitting on it .....

Yeah I have been sitting on it but it just won't move, think it might have come out of the 'runner'

We had this issue in the early days and found in was the carpet although it was fitted wlth gaps for the runner it stuck fast. Pulled it out from under the seat and all ok hence we do not use fitted carpet in rear parts of the van. 1st question is there a carpet under the seat that is causing it to stick.

The gap between the bottom of the bench seat and the floor is very small. I have two wash rugs from Timpsons but move them away while moving the bench seat forward. I have found that as mentioned the best way to do this is to sit in the centre pull the lever FULLY and pul the seat forward with my legs.

Agree with the above.

Daughter leaping up and down whilst handle is in the raised position may mean it needs reseating.

Good luck, please let us know how you go on

Back