Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Advice please: childrens seat for 8 y/o

ThisIsChristoph

ThisIsChristoph

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi all,
We're going on our first big trip (France!) with our new (well, second hand) Cali Coast. We have a car seat with back rest we've been using for hire cars and are now looking at getting a proper one which actually attaches to the rear bench (which has Isofix, yay) which the current doesn't - it just 'sits' on the bench.
Our son says he likes the back rest - it keeps him relatively comfortable when he nodds off, which happens often.
Can anyone recommend a good high-backed car seat which will be comfortable on longer rides but also isn't massive and takes up loads of space? Ideally it would need to be easily moveable or even foldable.
Thanks!
Christoph

Hi all,
We're going on our first big trip (France!) with our new (well, second hand) Cali Coast. We have a car seat with back rest we've been using for hire cars and are now looking at getting a proper one which actually attaches to the rear bench (which has Isofix, yay) which the current doesn't - it just 'sits' on the bench.
Our son says he likes the back rest - it keeps him relatively comfortable when he nodds off, which happens often.
Can anyone recommend a good high-backed car seat which will be comfortable on longer rides but also isn't massive and takes up loads of space? Ideally it would need to be easily moveable or even foldable.
Thanks!
Christoph

Maxicosi rodifix

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07ZG7GJSP/?tag=eliteelect-21

We have two and overnight they both stow in the front passenger or front driver footwell with either chair not swivelled. They also fit under the Beach bed, but the Coast bed is lower so I’m unsure if it would fit.

We used to use the maxicosi rodifix. Good support. We used to store it on the front seat with bags on top overnight or in a pop up tent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you all - that's great, a very clear vote for the Maxicosi Rodifix then!
I had been looking at the Cybex Silver X-fix but I'd not heard of that brand and was being dazzled by the 43% discount from the alleged £150 RRP.
Really appreciate you taking the time to answer. Love this place - I'm beginning to figure it out now.