Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Agreed valuation insurance

Karen Harding

Karen Harding

Kaz & Dave
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Has anyone taken out an extended valuation insurance and received a satisfactory assessment?

No ? - is that when you pay extra to have a guaranteed settlement figure in the event of a total loss of your Cali?
May I ask why you are considering? :)

I took out gap insurance that makes up the difference between an insurance pay out for total loss and the amount I paid for the van. It was a single payment (about £400) and lasts for 4 years. Like all insurance, I hopefully won’t need to use it, but felt it gave me piece of mind.

No ? - is that when you pay extra to have a guaranteed settlement figure in the event of a total loss of your Cali?
May I ask why you are considering? :)
Yes took it out because the book payout price is ridiculously low. Just wondered if anyone else had and thought it worth it

On my insurance it specifically states “ market value “ and to replace with another vehicle of the same type, year and mileage....Because of the very low depreciation on the California it’s can’t be classed like a car that looses huge amounts even in a couple of years....

Yes took it out because the book payout price is ridiculously low. Just wondered if anyone else had and thought it worth it
Can I ask which “Book” you are using to get your payout price from?

I took out gap insurance that makes up the difference between an insurance pay out for total loss and the amount I paid for the van. It was a single payment (about £400) and lasts for 4 years. Like all insurance, I hopefully won’t need to use it, but felt it gave me piece of mind.
Can you tell me who you got this from please

Can you tell me who you got this from please
It was Admiral. I had to ring around as many would not cover Campervans. Make sure you say it is a VW California when you first ask. I think you have to take it out within 3 months of purchase, but not sure. It covers a claim up to £25k for the gap between the total loss insurance pay out and the invoice price. It cost £374 which I thought was pretty good for 4 years and much cheaper than the VW dealer quote

Can I ask which “Book” you are using to get your payout price from?
I mean insurance companies valuation, not sure where they get their figure, but it’s thousands lower than the Cali is worth. They offered extended cover (not gap) for a premium, but I feel this still falls short.