Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Air Bag Issue

goose

goose

VIP Member
Hi All,

Just got back from VW and they have informed me that the air bag fault {passenger seat arm next to the window} has a worn wire connection, with a possibility that its pulled the cable out of the air bag within the seat itself.

Was this a common fault as a warranty issue.?

Has anyone ever had a similar fault.?

Cheers

Goose.

Hi All,

Just got back from VW and they have informed me that the air bag fault {passenger seat arm next to the window} has a worn wire connection, with a possibility that its pulled the cable out of the air bag within the seat itself.

Was this a common fault as a warranty issue.?

Has anyone ever had a similar fault.?

Cheers

Goose.
First time I’ve heard of that being a cause for the Airbag light on. Some members with older vehicles have had the warning light come on when swivelling the passenger seat and that was traced to tension on the plug/socket at the seat swivel, fixed by extending the wiring.

Thanks for that WelshGas, kinda thinking i could of just done it myself tbf. Hey ho its now with VW and i will see tomorrow I guess.

Goose

Thanks for that WelshGas, kinda thinking i could of just done it myself tbf. Hey ho its now with VW and i will see tomorrow I guess.

Goose
You need the VW Diagnostic Computer to reset the Alarm light as it is a Latching Alarm. Once On will stay On.

We had the airbag warning light come on twice on SusiBus T5-1, causded by something to do with the passenger seat. Repaired both times by VW under warranty

come on twice on SusiBus T5-1, causded by something to do with the passenger seat. Repaired both times by VW under warranty

same on our 2012 I was a bit worried as they had to remove seat fabric but once done
could not tell the fabric had been removed and the warning light never returned.