Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Air Con Servicing?

ChrisandPenney52

ChrisandPenney52

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Four year old Cali, used regularly, including through the winter months. Non Climate Air Con, which we use regularly in summer but only occasionally in winter, when we remember we're supposed to run it every so often to keep the pipes etc. supple.

Any views/experience/advice on whether/where/how to get the Air Con serviced, and how much should we be paying?

That reminds me I have just had a reminder letter from vw to say mine needs servicing
And some kind of fungacide put in whatever that involves :crazy

I've only ever had the air con serviced once on a car before, and that was because it smelled like a farmyard. My 11 year old Yaris has air con that works fine and has never been touched. But I have read specific references for Transporters ducts drying and cracking and coolant evaporating away. Just don't know whether it's important to get it serviced or whether it's just a belt and braces.

Hi I clicked on spring offers on the volkswagen-vans website and they are offering air con recharge and pollen filter change for £50 for vans so should be the same for a Cali. give your local dealer a ring on Monday for advice. I have a facelift 2010 Cali so i will be doing that.

Thanks for the tip off drmw1335. Applies to participating dealers only, but my local dealer kindly agreed to honour it even though they weren't participating.

Air conditioning should be used once a week, to keep it running well. We recommend you service it when it's not getting so cold or at least every three years. Cost is approx £50. :thumb

Ideally air con should be used all the time and all year round. I have had a few customers who wouldn't use it during winter and the seals between the air con pipes shrunk and the gas escaped leaving their air con inoperative for the summer.

Recommended to be serviced every two years.

cheers

Taking the Cali in to VW Colbornes for its first air con service next weekend. Will update on how it goes.

Just had an aircon service and notice a pleasant mild disinfectant smell when in use.never noticed it on my previous service
.....so anyone noticing a stale Odour from the aircon might want to be thinking about having it serviced

Alan

Back