Air Con Question

• Thread starter The Mighty Pauls
  • Start date
The Mighty Pauls

The Mighty Pauls

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi there everyone!

I have a quick question regarding the Air Con on my ‘new to me’ 2014 SE.

I know the weather is toasty, but the A/C doesn’t seem to be cutting the mustard. It’s definitely blowing cold, but doesn’t seem to cool the cab - let alone the rear.

It is the standard A/C unit (not three zone) but does have the Rear button (blows pretty well).

I’m just wondering whether regassing may help. But I was assuming that if the gas was empty, it wouldn’t work at all?

Like I say - blows cold, but not cold enough.

Any advice very welcome.

Many thanks.

Our A/C does not blow through the rear, front only...

I would get it re gased anyway to start with probably all it is

Hi there everyone!

I have a quick question regarding the Air Con on my ‘new to me’ 2014 SE.

I know the weather is toasty, but the A/C doesn’t seem to be cutting the mustard. It’s definitely blowing cold, but doesn’t seem to cool the cab - let alone the rear.

It is the standard A/C unit (not three zone) but does have the Rear button (blows pretty well).

I’m just wondering whether regassing may help. But I was assuming that if the gas was empty, it wouldn’t work at all?

Like I say - blows cold, but not cold enough.

Any advice very welcome.

Many thanks.
Should be re-gassed every 40,000 miles OR 2 years, to replace the lubricant which is part of the re-charge mixture.

Only the Climatronic, 3 Zone, has an AirCon Condenser in the Front and in the Rear. Other varieties just have Rear Air re-circulation or Heating, No Cooling.

Thanks everyone.

That’s a bit of a shame - was assuming that the rear button simply replicated the front AC. Hopefully the kids won’t cook when we head to Drance in a couple of weeks!

Will definitely do the regas - hopefully this will make a difference.

Thanks again

Thanks everyone.

That’s a bit of a shame - was assuming that the rear button simply replicated the front AC. Hopefully the kids won’t cook when we head to Drance in a couple of weeks!

Will definitely do the regas - hopefully this will make a difference.

Thanks again
Our rear seat passengers report the air con does cool them in the rear, we direct a couple of the vents up and over us in the front...

It's a feature of all VW 'van' conversions if the outlets are only in the cab then for some reason neither hot or cold circulate into the rear behind the 'B' posts.

Some variants have air flow ducts through the doors and 'B' post trim to encourage some flow rearwards but it is minimal. As to which have this duct I don't know, my 2013 T5 'Trendline' Kombi has them but my 2016 T6 'Highline' Kombi does not, work that out!

Just to add insult to injury if you have a factory fitted parking heater its outlets blow both forwards and backwards! But a factory fitted parking heater only provides hot air, if you fit an aftermarket Eberspacher Airtronic it can be used with a true room thermostat calibrated in degrees C and has a recirculate function to work like a simple fan.