Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Air Vents

LowMan

LowMan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi There,

We're looking for a little advice regarding Air Vents for our Cali. We've been looking at the Brandrup Air Vents and also the Dubflecta's.

The Brandrup's seem pretty expensive, plus they seem like something else you need to setup on arrival, remove before leaving. The Dubflecta's look well priced, but we wondered what the quality was like, plus how easy they were to remove if you ever wanted to.

We've seen a couple of older threads discussing both of these products and wondered how people were getting on with them after owning them a while.

Any advice or stories to share would be most welcome.

Thanks

Mine still look good after 4 years only held in with plastic clips so
Easy to remove:)

Thanks Kev. Is it the 'Sleek' or 'Retro' deflectors you went for?

I had the Dubflecta's on my T4 Cali and they were an excellent product.

Can't comment on T5 as haven't fitted any yet...

I like the idea of the dubflectas for ventilation while sleeping. Just need something to stop midges,mozzies sneaking in.

I got the Brandrup ones , like them ..
Take a minute or two to fit one , thing is that when while closing the window when it feels pressure it slides back down preventing anyone get stuck with fingers or so....
When putting the air-vents in it's the trick not to close the window in one time but say cm by cm ( or inch by inch) at the last part.
Other than that find them good . Got a metal net in preventing fly's getting in but doubt if it folds the small mozzie' s mike you guys call them .
Not always place the two of them , one can do , when realy hot put the two of them in .
In combination with a air-safe on the booth door works realy fine giving air circulation
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I got the Brandrup ones , like them ..
Take a minute or two to fit one , thing is that when while closing the window when it feels pressure it slides back down preventing anyone get stuck with fingers or so....
When putting the air-vents in it's the trick not to close the window in one time but say cm by cm ( or inch by inch) at the last part.
Other than that find them good . Got a metal net in preventing fly's getting in but doubt if it folds the small mozzie' s mike you guys call them .
Not always place the two of them , one can do , when realy hot put the two of them in .
In combination with a air-safe on the booth door works realy fine giving air circulation
View attachment 7815
View attachment 7816
View attachment 7817
View attachment 7818

Thanks for posting the photos. That's really useful. Hadn't thought about blocking the midges, but it's a good point.

Food for thought :)

If midges are a problem. On the inside of the brandrupones it is pretty easy to tape a finer maze on....
....or even a DIY magnetic finer mazed protection.

I now have these Brandrup ones and yes, you need to nudge the window closed bit by bit and also it is best to have the door open and work at both sides to make sure the window overlap aligns with the window as it comes up bit by bit. As you say - if it goes to auto window up, it senses the vent as a blockage and comes straight back down

Back