Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Weird climatronic issue. Air from side dash vents

J

Joefarina

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi, I can’t believe this is normal as Vw says, so I’m trying to understand if someone else has this issue.
If I turn off ac or ventilation air still comes in from side vents, just from side vents.
I have to turn on recircle to stop air almost completely l. The only way to close vents is to close them manually and individually.
if I use climatronic and choose air from feet or windscreen air stops coming out from the central dash vents but keeps on coming from side dash vents.
if I have climate on hot and turn off the ventilation I keep on having hot air from side vents. If I have cold air and turn off I keep on having cold air. So taking control of the air on the t6 ocean is so difficult.
vw controlled software and told me everything is normal. I had a lot of cars and Ac was never a problem. On my t6 even on low ventilation I get annoying amount of air, so all of us end fighting with sore throat.
Can someone help me? A reset or a trick.
I’m scared some motorized flap is not Welles’s setted and I read they must un mount the dash to get to them. Anyone else has problems ?

Hi there,
I have reported my frustrations with Climatronic in previous thread ( not sure how to add link but I am sure you can find it under my name, I have not left many...): system is supposedly clever but cannot manage mid temperatures in my opinion trying to compensate with all sorts of weird behaviour similar to what you report...I have taken it to dealership only to be told is all normal....!

Well it’s not normal at all. I had not problems at keeping fresh this summer since the Ac is quite strong and powerful. But “wind” while driving even at 1 fan power is annoying you can solve just tornino off manually, then open to avoid moisture and then close again. Pretty poor design for a supposed climaTronic. A 20.000 euros car Ac can do best at keeping a steady temperature.

Interesting, my T5.1 climatronic has an off button, separate from the A/C on/off button. I've been checking pictures online and it looks like that was eliminated on the T6. Photo below is what I have.

Back