Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Brandrup Cab window vents

rippers

rippers

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Has anyone that has got these vents that can give me a honest opinion on how effective they are as in how much air passes through them, and how much hassle they are to fit? plus how secure they actually are from security point of view
235.jpg

I've got them on my T4 Multivan.

Great bits of kit... mine fit in seconds, really is as easy as winding the window up once you get the knack of positioning them first.

Secure... being metal and locked in place I treat it as if the windows are fully up. Happy to leave it parked etc.

A reasonable amount of ventilation but not a massive flow through.

Certainly made a difference to the amount of condensation in the van.

Hope this helps,

Rgds
Mark

Thanks Mark, we are off to Spain again this year and we have a Air-safe for the tailgate and I would put the blinds down, roof up and open the zip windows etc just looking at more air flow but being as secure as possible.

I'm wondering what would be worst having the Silverscreen and no vent or the Brandrup vent and windscreen glare.

Then I was thinking about the Dubflecta's but not sure how secure they would be.. I guess these could be used along side the silverscreen so wouldn't stand out to a opportunist, the air flow would be minimal but its something.

Decisions Decisions :Nailbiting

I also got the airvents and find them pretty good , once you get the trick of putting them in , hold in position with one hand and pushing the window-up button by other hand ...carefully closing the last cm. There is a "automatic go back down " funtion on the window ( at least on my 2012 SE) that prevents sqashing a finger or so if something gets in the way....so the final closingpoint need to be searched.
I think i gives good airflow and holds out rain ( not by storm ...)
Worth the money!

What about deflectors? (Edited: some messages came in the mean time I was writing this :D)

Deflectors work fine to allow ventilation but they are not secure. These window vents mean the care has ventilation and the vehicle is as secure as it is with the windows closed.

Yes, that's the cons of dedlectors

Ok one last silly question.. Has any one tried to fit the Brandrup Vent and Dubflectors at the same time?

Ok one last silly question.. Has any one tried to fit the Brandrup Vent and Dubflectors at the same time?

Not on a T5 but I've got both on the T4, works fine.

Rgds
Mark

If worried about security then simply dont stop to sleep there. Save yr money, we have vw window deflectors with nicks (comfortzleisure) 'silverscreen' version to hide the windows. We use the remote control to lock the van, then hold unlock button for 2 seconds to open the front windows by a cm then press lock button again. Sorted.

If worried about security then simply don't stop to sleep there. Save yr money,

Each to their own.

It's not just about sleeping... we use them whenever parked in warm weather or leaving the van on site whilst we go walking or biking.

Equally went off silver screens, don't even bother carrying ours anymore in any of the vans... a few years back I used to rave that they were the best accessory I'd ever bought.

We use the remote control to lock the van, then hold unlock button for 2 seconds to open the front windows by a cm then press lock button again

Didn't know it did this but doesn't this enable the alarm? I'm not familiar with the facelift versions and the operation of the remote.

Its not about the sleeping its about having the van unattended.
When we went to Spain last year it was hitting the forties during the day so any air movement we can get would be great. There is also the odd occasion in the UK where we leave the dog in the van for short periods in the evening (weather permitted i.e. not direct sun light or or during the day)

Anyway I think I have found a solution now :)

http://www.vanessa-mobilcamping.de/...sories-ventilation-grille-driversside-t5.html

Has anyone compared the Just Kampers version of these with the Brandrup ones? JK are £60 cheaper but worried they might not be as secure / sturdy.

Has anyone compared the Just Kampers version of these with the Brandrup ones? JK are £60 cheaper but worried they might not be as secure / sturdy.
I think they're pretty identical at first view. I chose for the Reimo ones, because they have an extra ventilation grill.
Still, it always is a bit of a hassle playing with the automatic return function of the windows.

Last edited:
It would be my guess that they are actually both the same thing i.e. Brandrup have altered theirs and REIMO buy them in from the same source.

As an alternative I use the external wind deflectors and leave a window slightly open. My preference is for the type that stick on the outside and not the version that fit within the window apertures.

Although I’m not going to pay the ridiculous price for a piece of tin from Brandrup, I prefer to have a vent grill on the kitchen sliding window, made my own...

hello AndyWT.
How did you make your own?
The window grills for the T6 don't fit the T6.1
Thanks