Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Alarm

Oggie

Oggie

VIP Member
Hi,

Is there a way of setting the alarm without the sensors going off if the dog stays in the van? Also any idea what the button on the pillar behind the driver seat does? Its got a van on an angle on it and something that looks like a wave?

CHEERS,

ROB

That's the button rob that disarms the internal sensor :)

I thought may be the 2 issues were related :) just needed someone with more knowledge than me to confirm it.....

With the driver door open press the button and it lights up orange, the internal sensors are then off so the dogs won't set it off. Remember to change it back when they are not in though, as this also switches off the thing that stops it being towed away.

Oggie said:
I thought may be the 2 issues were related :) just needed someone with more knowledge than me to confirm it.....

If in doubt stick the dogs in the Cali press that button and lock it up ... Wait for a minute or 2 and if it don't go off then the button works :) ....if not as stu said get the bible out :)

We were advised by the dealer to lock the Cali using the key instead of the remote, doing it this way turns off the internal alarm. We have been doing this since we got ours. Easier than fiddling around for a button!

GeoffB said:
We were advised by the dealer to lock the Cali using the key instead of the remote, doing it this way turns off the internal alarm. We have been doing this since we got ours. Easier than fiddling around for a button!

I do both Geoff the button and lock using the keys :)

choplee said:
GeoffB said:

I do both Geoff the button and lock using the keys :)

Lee

Stop being alarming...

Two presses of the remote control button disable the deadbolts and disable the alarm too. Pressing and holding the button also closes the windows.