Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Alarm issue - its not working

dayslikethis

dayslikethis

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Apologies for creating a new thread and feel free to move if /when necessary but I'm off on holidays tomorrow. I've read every post re the alarm and the page 55/56 of the awful VW manual. I wanted to learn how to disable the alarm on the ferry. I understand the process and fully aware of the red/amber switch inside the door pillar. I decided to test it out on my drive and I could not get the alarm to trigger at all - even with my wife inside and movement detector activated. I then followed the manual and opened the door manually with a key and did not switch on ignition within 15 seconds - again no alarm sounded. I suspect its a detour to the dealer on the way to the ferry unless anyone has any good suggestions. Grateful for any help given the impending holiday.

Does the light change colour when you press it? What colour is it?

So without the button pressed and your wife inside the alarm isn't triggering when locked with the fob? Does sound like something is amiss?

Last edited:
Hi Matt, thanks for taking the time to reply. Re the light - I've tried it both ways and still no joy. En route to ferry I called at VW Van dealers Sinclair Swansea and they said they couldn't help me as it would have to be booked in. The sales guy wouldn't even come out from behind his desk - even though it was quiet. I managed to get to speak with a mechanic who said it would have to be plugged in to detect fault and then probably some time to repair. On my way out I managed to bump into another salesperson on the forecourt when I demonstrated the issue to him who summarised "It's not working". Bottom line the alarm doesn't work but the doors do lock. Guess I'll have to book it in when I get back from Spain in September! Thanks anyway - it was worth posting in the event that someone may have had the same problem.

There may be some members nearby with a VCDS, Carista, VAG401 or similar who can read for error messages without any costs from the dealers.

There may be some members nearby with a VCDS, Carista, VAG401 or similar who can read for error messages without any costs from the dealers.
I guess I just noticed the fault too late. Sail at 5.15pm today :)
Thanks again

I guess I just noticed the fault too late. Sail at 5.15pm today :)
Thanks again
Did you ever get to the bottom of this and what the fault/repair was?