Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ALDI Camping accessories

Bought the light weight chairs hopefully as good as moon lence ones

Thanks stopped by and bought a folding box in grey & black ideal for bottles / tins / lots of options two compartments and when empty folds flat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear All,

Just paid deposit for my cali beach co now its just the waiting game! Hurry up already!!!! so looking at accesseres etc in anticipation

Aldi have a Thermo Electric cooler box for £40 and this seems a good deal but before i buy one could you please advise me;

Will it kill the leisure battery on the Beach if if engines off as not sure what wattage etc i would use?

Any advice would be great. Would like a Waeco cfx35 but there £500 plus :-0 so way out my budget.

Link to cooler here https://www.aldi.co.uk/thermoelectric-coolbox-blue/p/096219220314000

6.7 Watts so about 0.8 amps draw. That’s OK, what’s the Waeco’s? I would double check though.

Last edited:
6.7 Watts so about 0.8 amps draw. That’s OK, what’s the Waeco’s?
Thanks for that, but it says 6.3watts but then in description says the aytachdd, what does this mean??

Screenshot_20180630-170315_Chrome.jpg

Thanks for that, but it says 6.3watts but then in description says the aytachdd, what does this mean??

View attachment 34962
The system on these cheap units runs at 47 watts continuously when on DC, the cooling effect is limited by the ambient temperature. Compressor cool boxes are much more efficient, they benefit from the refrigeration factor that effectively multiplies the cooling effect by 3 times the power consumed. They also have a thermostat that means the compressor only operates for about 30% of the time.

Dear All,

Just paid deposit for my cali beach co now its just the waiting game! Hurry up already!!!! so looking at accesseres etc in anticipation

Aldi have a Thermo Electric cooler box for £40 and this seems a good deal but before i buy one could you please advise me;

Will it kill the leisure battery on the Beach if if engines off as not sure what wattage etc i would use?

Any advice would be great. Would like a Waeco cfx35 but there £500 plus :-0 so way out my budget.

Link to cooler here https://www.aldi.co.uk/thermoelectric-coolbox-blue/p/096219220314000

Cools to 18 below ambient temperature. In recent weather it would cool to 12 degrees outside in the shade, and to a substantially higher temperature in a hot car.

And it will drain your battery within 24 hours.

Save for a Waeco. CFX 28 is sufficient for a family of four for four days.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Cools to 18 below ambient temperature. In recent weather it would cool to 12 degrees outside in the shade, and to a substantially higher temperature in a hot car.

And it will drain your battery within 24 hours.

Save for a Waeco. CFX 28 is sufficient for a family of four for four days.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Thank you. Them waecos look great, so i might have for one istead.
Just clicked on your link, WOW, your adventure seemed absolutely epic!!

Back