Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Alloy spare wheel

Del Boy

Del Boy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I have ordered a 17" alloy spare wheel with 235 tyres , will it fit in the spare wheel carrier ?

Do you know what profile the tyre is? I have an 18" with 235/50 that DOESN'T fit.

mines 255/40/19/ and that fits20150912_143030.jpg

Hi DelBoy. I have a 4motion and 235/17 fits as provided from factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a word of warning regarding the 4Motion and spares.

If you have part warn tyres and get a puncture, then putting a Spare on with a brand new tyre, with full tread depth, can cause problems with the 4Motion Haldex drive system if driven at speed and long distance.
This is because you will have a mismatch in wheel/tyre diameter on one axle. Also, just changing both worn tyres on one axle can cause problems as well.
I keep a watch on tread depth, front to rear and would swop to even out wear, although on my last set, after 20,000miles the tread depths were within 1mm front to rear. I changed all 4 when they were down to 3/4 MM. as winter was approaching and I use mine everyday.

• Thanks for that info , have a VW Tiguan 4 motion , not had any issues all tyres were rotated regularly and haldex coupling oil changed at recommend 40,000 miles so really looking forward to Cali 4 motion. Hoping to be able to do short runs from time to time without causing emission warnings on dash

Can anyone confirm or not that a 18" with 235/50 will fit in the cradle on a 2014 140ps 2 wheel drive please, if so does it make a difference which way it is facing!