Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Alternative levelling

Great opportunity to introduce Pythagorus to the youngster, and for the parent to re-learn trigonometry. :rolleyes:

2 degrees of tilt over a 2m long bed or the width of a van = 69mm or about 3” height difference., about the thickness of a flattened pillow. (honesty edit - yes I did Google the formula ! )

• Haha
Reactions: Sad
I check with my wine glass.

If the contents are tilting to the left, then I tilt to the right and vice versa. Never had a problem with levelling :shocked

We were given a pair of ramps 8 years ago. used them once. They are just not worth the bother.

We use levelling blocks occasionally, as sometimes you have to park with the back into the wind and the bed (upper) might slope too much the wrong way. I just test the level by putting a round thing (pencil, lipsalve) on the glass kitchen top & seeing which way/how much it rolls. If it's not much we don't bother.
I would have thought it's possible to run up onto the blocks with a ten-year-old to help - set the blocks yourself, & just get the kid to shout STOP when you drive up to the top of them. That's basically all we do.

Back