Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Levelling shocker

Jolberg

Jolberg

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all
We’ve just returned from a weekend at a beautiful but quite sloping site.
We’ve only had our ocean for less than 3 months and used levelling ramps only once and this time had a right shocker.
To my horror as I looked on we managed to drive the van off the end of the chocks which made the narrow end of them point up into the underside of the van. The chocks were basically stuck and the only way we found to unstick them caused the chocks to pierce holes (rip a piece out on the drivers side) in the plastic covers to the underside behind the front wheels.
Please feel free to laugh at our incompetence. I guess we’re not the first but pretty embarrassing.
So my questions are:
1) Do you know what those covers are protecting in those locations
2) do I need to fix it urgently.
3) Is there a cheap and quick fix that’ll get me through the summer or do I need to bite the bullet and get the full covers replaced.

Any help on the matter is really appreciated.

Thanks all

Hi all
We’ve just returned from a weekend at a beautiful but quite sloping site.
We’ve only had our ocean for less than 3 months and used levelling ramps only once and this time had a right shocker.
To my horror as I looked on we managed to drive the van off the end of the chocks which made the narrow end of them point up into the underside of the van. The chocks were basically stuck and the only way we found to unstick them caused the chocks to pierce holes (rip a piece out on the drivers side) in the plastic covers to the underside behind the front wheels.
Please feel free to laugh at our incompetence. I guess we’re not the first but pretty embarrassing.
So my questions are:
1) Do you know what those covers are protecting in those locations
2) do I need to fix it urgently.
3) Is there a cheap and quick fix that’ll get me through the summer or do I need to bite the bullet and get the full covers replaced.

Any help on the matter is really appreciated.

Thanks all
A common problem, softish ground and DSG makes the precise positioning of the wheels a little tricky.
You have damaged the undertray, not normally a problem unless it hangs down, about £86 to replace the panel.

When we first had our van my son in laws Dad gave us some levelling blocks. Used them once. Just found it more faf than benefit. We just make sure we are pointing a bit downhill (stops the blood rushing to your head when sleeping LOL) If the ground is that uneven then levelling blocks wont really help anyway. It takes a couple of years before you master your California, then you are still learning.....

We just make sure we are pointing a bit downhill (stops the blood rushing to your head when sleeping LOL)
Doesn't really work when using both beds, bottom bed head at tailgate end, top bed head at engine end of the van.

Doesn't really work when using both beds, bottom bed head at tailgate end, top bed head at engine end of the van.
We've only used the downstairs a handful of times, but all times we prefer to have our heads at the front of the van....similarly when upstairs the majority of times. So simply make sure that the tailgate is at the lowest level. This works for us always. Never had to use any ramps, although they are carried on trips in case.