Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Alternative to VW wind-out awning

Another alternative, it doesn't wind out as such but round !

Another alternative, it doesn't wind out as such but round !

Great idea but I wouldn't fancy its chances too much in a reasonable breeze. Anyone had any experience?

Morning woke up to my first disagree by Devonvan. Bit sad just disagreed without any explanation of why.

He ho on with another day dreaming of next trip away in Grace Cali & enjoy reading the forum.
Thinking of going to Galmpton touring Park but high winds & rain forecast.

Simon put the awning back onto the Cali recently( after its winter in the garage), It was a bit fiddly. At one point , I was standing like a weightlifter holding the awning up ;)

Last edited:
Like the batwing awning, think they are great
Edit: foxwing even...

Last edited:
I didnt realise it was as reasonably priced as that. I am wondering the same too, that would be awesome with my slidepod too. :D

Wonder how it fits...

Cheaper than a factory fit. Wonder if it would fit and could one be fitted to the other side (non door side) so if you had the factory fit you would have all around shade ;-)

Hmmm
I didnt realise it was as reasonably priced as that. I am wondering the same too, that would be awesome with my slidepod too. :D

Wonder how it fits...
Yes, but only with the full size version. Normally fits to the side of a roof rack.

https://www.oztent.co.uk/acatalog/Foxwing--29.html#SID=13

Pah, so much awning negativity here! :D

A Cali's not a Cali without an awning,

Virtually the first thing we do on site is...awning up!

Only then do we feel we have arrived. :)

Morning woke up to my first disagree by Devonvan. Bit sad just disagreed without any explanation of why.

He ho on with another day dreaming of next trip away in Grace Cali & enjoy reading the forum.
Thinking of going to Galmpton touring Park but high winds & rain forecast.

Simon put the awning back onto the Cali recently( after its winter in the garage), It was a bit fiddly. At one point , I was standing like a weightlifter holding the awning up ;)

Hi Calimera, That was wholly accidental case of fat fingers on my phone to scroll down through the thread. It was in no way an intended disagreement and I have just figured out how to retract it. :Iamsorry

I've bought the tailgate one Cayman revolution from the club shop.

I am very tempted by a fox wing for the other side ;-) when it's really nice outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currently we have no wind-out awning fitted, as others have mentioned - the lines do look a bit cleaner without. On the other hand, they are very convenient when compared to the traditional awnings with poles, pegs and ropes..we have a Reimo Mauritius awning but rarely use it as it's such a faff.

I might end up buying a Fiamma F45 and then only fitting it when we actually go camping (and leave it fitted in the summer "season"), it's not such a hassle to fit and remove.

Another awning option is Stitch and Steel , I think they look quite nice.
I now I'm replying to an old post here. Did you mout this using the 8mm kador strip on the awning to the multirail? I saw a couple with one of these awnings last weekend but they didn't have the multirail mounted. Thanks!

Back