Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Am I being unreasonable?

Whichever way you look at it there is only one answer. The dealer/salesman should have kept you fully appraised of the situation. No excuses. They are there to provide a service, supplying a new vehicle in this instance.

This reminds me of when I was employed in the Computer maintenance service we held a Customer meeting in order to identify how to improve our service level. The main issue raised by all customers was "let us know what is happening as we can make a decision based on that as to how to organise ourselves" . They also stressed that they wanted both good and bad news as no news is the worst situation.
Seems that 25 years on people are still afraid to give the true picture.

I'd make it clear to the Saleman that the lack of information has caused you to be extremely disappointed with the hand over process and could have been avoided by him informing you as to the actual situation.

I assume VW GB do a follow up questionaire when you can make your point.

I've ordered from my local dealer (not the cheapest option) in order to avoid this type of scenario.

Hi ferret99
I agree with you that a courtesy call to let you know would have been good. If it's any consolation, our dealer told us yesterday that the system was down nationwide for pretty much the whole week - they managed to register our Cali in a window on Thursday afternoon when they saw the system back up for a short period.
Are you sorted now BTW?
Best, Wind Witch

Hi, yes it got sorted in the end on Thursday. I noticed that my finance documents had been processed Tuesday when we originally went, so they didn't let the lack of my being able to enjoy the vehicle prevent them from being paid by VWFS. It got registered Thursday morning using some sort of manual process they agreed with DVLA, although the computer route did start working shortly after for at least a period. They did pay for extra tax so I didn't lose a month for a few days use and chuck in some rubber mats. So the main thing is I got it in the end even though the lack of communication was poor. I even had to phone last thing Wednesday to find out what was going on, rather than being provided with regular updates.

Hi, yes it got sorted in the end on Thursday. I noticed that my finance documents had been processed Tuesday when we originally went, so they didn't let the lack of my being able to enjoy the vehicle prevent them from being paid by VWFS. It got registered Thursday morning using some sort of manual process they agreed with DVLA, although the computer route did start working shortly after for at least a period. They did pay for extra tax so I didn't lose a month for a few days use and chuck in some rubber mats. So the main thing is I got it in the end even though the lack of communication was poor. I even had to phone last thing Wednesday to find out what was going on, rather than being provided with regular updates.

So when will it be with you then?

I picked it up Thursday afternoon after it was registered. Hope you're enjoying yours.