Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anchoring dogs to van

cazmatt

cazmatt

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Has anyone got any good ideas of how to attach 2 dogs to the van with the side door open - bearing in mind usual dog practicalities (ie assuming they will definitely pull on it, and inevitably wrap themselves up and end up with their lead wrapped round their legs/ each other within minutes :headbang)

I have seen some people say around the wheel spokes... Or with a caribiner on the seatbelt mounting loop (but this seems too tight) or the load hook (but on a T6 this seems to need some major removal of pieces)... but this must be a fairly common thing so surprised there isnt a good solution!

For a van, there are very few (or none?) fixing/securing points in the california!

Not sure where but I have seen on here a fixing that is attached in the seat guides that has a metal loop for securing loads etc, would be ideal for a lead.

Thats the good thing about steels....on site at this time looking like this .
No more no less
image.jpg

We also have a anker point to screw in the ground , i belive there are previous threads on this in the dog section .

Or with a caribiner on the seatbelt mounting loop (but this seems too tight)

Cazmatt, you're right that you can only fit a small carabiner clip through the hole in the seatbelt anchor. So we have two clips, a small (50mm) on the anchor point and then a larger (70mm) to attach the dog tether.

They stay in place permanently and it all works just fine.

upload_2018-4-23_9-14-27.png

Cazmatt, you're right that you can only fit a small carabiner clip through the hole in the seatbelt anchor. So we have two clips, a small (50mm) on the anchor point and then a larger (70mm) to attach the dog tether.

They stay in place permanently and it all works just fine.

View attachment 32359
Genius why didn't I think of that!